cristina1

nvc process,

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi i was approved for my i130 4/29/11 and nvc recieved the paper work 5/5/11 and i call everyday trying to get my nvc case number and the operators just tell me that i have to wait 4 weeks to get it.. how long is the nvc process?and also how long does it take to get a date for an interview in ciudad juarez? OR WHATS THE TIME FRAME UNTILL MY INTERVIEW DATE?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's pretty much spelled out in the Mexico time lines, but the numbers are all over the place. Looks like from NOA-2 to the interview is 3 - 5 months, with some a little longer. Are you depending on your lawyer for daily follow up--if you are, you aren't going to get it, but if you are handling this phase yourself, please read all the guides and do EXACTLY what they suggest to keep things moving.

Unlike USCIS where all you can do is wait (been there, done that, haven't we !!), with a lot of effort on your part, you can get thru NVC in three weeks or so, but that doesn't address the interview schedule. I'm lucky since that in Costa Rica, the interview is only 1 - 2 weeks after NVC is done, but CDJ is the busiest consulate in the world, so while it is a lot quicker than many others because it has a huge staff, you are faced with thousands and thousands of people per year going thru that consulate. My wife is Mexican but lives in both Costa Rica and Mexico, so we picked CR for processing since it is much quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.