Karen422

Honduras interview process

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello, not sure if this is where I post questions that are specific to the country we are dealing with but here goes...

I was just wondering about the k1 visa interview process in Tegucigalpa, Honduras... can anyone help?

Our case was just sent to Tegucigalpa, will the embassy notify my fiance once they get the case or will they just send him the packet of information and checklist for the interview? If yes, how long does it take?

Also, how do they schedule the interview? Will my fiance have to go to Banco Atlantida (like he did for his passport) or will the embassy call him to make the appointment? And how much will he have to pay? I have read two different amounts from the website... Every time I have called the embassy I am on hold for hours and have been unable to get through... err.

Lastly, I was just curious... how necessary is it for me (the petitioner) to be at the interview with my fiance? I really want to be there but just gave birth to our daughter... not sure if I can travel with a new born.

Any help is greatly appreciated.... thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi Karen! Well I didnt do the k1 process, I did CR1, but I think that once in Tegucigalpa both have the same process. In the website they say that they are calling you, but I do call almost each two days to let me know how was my status. Remember that we are the interested ones, and we are not the only ones waiting so CALL!!! You posted this almost 3 weeks ago, so hope that by now you have a date for your interview. I did call like one week later I knew my case was there. They are going to send you an email appointment, which you have to print and give it to the guard the day of the interview. Since you are K1, I recommend you to be there, to give support to your husband in any case. Just imagine what if the CO says he/she wants to interview the petitioner? If you really can't be there, then provide tonds, tonds of strong evidence.....Hope your case can be approve, let us know any updates and good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi Karen! Well I didnt do the k1 process, I did CR1, but I think that once in Tegucigalpa both have the same process.

Hey there :) I'm also Karen...and I'm curious about your overall experience with your interview at the embassy in Teguc. We have ours scheduled for September 13th and I am an absolute nervous wreck. We were down there in May trying (as the result of some not-so-great legal advice) to get tourist visas (a stopgap measure) for my stepchildren. Our intention all along was to get them their residency, but they were without parental supervision and we were just trying to get them out of harm's way as quickly as possible. That attempt, as you can imagine, failed miserably, although the embassy staff were very nice to us. We have filed our I-130/DS-230 expedited with the help of my state senator but I'm still worried. Can you describe the interview process as you experienced it? How much time did the CO spend reviewing additional evidence such as photos and personal letters?

Did I mention I was nervous?

Thanks for any insight you can pass on!

Karen

Hi Catracha, :star:

I just found your review of the embassy and thanks for giving such good details. We too are having our cases expedited so it is good to know there is not excessive scrutiny to face. Of course, I'm still nervous. BTW, last time we stay at Hotel Granada and didn't have any trouble at all. (Although in the morning when we left for our appointment, there was a man using the bathroom against the wall of the building across the street. But you see these things in many big cities so I was not worried about it. I never felt unsafe...maybe I'm just naive!)

Anyway, thanks for the review and if you can think of anything else that might be helpful, I'm all ears!

Karen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.