Sarah&Michael

Juarez consulate

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! Since I'm traveling with 3 kids (one 18 yo and twins 8 yo), I was wondering if I could do this?

- Fly early Monday, have medical (the 4 of us), and ASC appointment to get fingerprints and pictures (could that be done on the same day?)

- Fly back the following morning

- Fly next Sunday to Juarez, to have interview on Monday

It would be great not to have to spend all those days in Juarez, because of hotel and meals and a weekend in between, and since it's 4 of us.

What do you think? Thanks!! :help:

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Timeline

Hi! I need someone who has been through it so knows the times between the two appointments. Thanks anyway!

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Timeline

I think the cost of flying may be higher than waiting in the hotel! I know we are flying in 5 people from Cancun/DF/Juarez it is very expensive to fly all over for us, so I found La Quinta which has some good prices & a pool for the kids. C_Maria who just spent 3 weeks stuck in Juarez said it was a hotel full of families with kids! I am going to make it an adventure for the children (bring game boys jajaja) La Quinta has free breakfast (big breakfast) and includes a free shuttle service to drive you around to medical & consulate.

You could chose a DHL in your hometown though & then fly home after your interview to wait for your passports to be sent with the visa inside! We are going to wait in Juarez & then immediately cross the border/frontera to El Paso TX!

I think C_Maria mentioned she thought you could do medical in the early morning & ASC appointment in the afternoon same day!

(Don't forget kids will need to have the TB test looked at in 72 hours so it does not seem like you should plan to leave Juarez before they check the TB test site)

Edited by Kimchimex

Timeline

Thanks Kim. Do you know if Juarez gives open appointments? If so, when would you be scheduling yours? I saw La Quinta, I was also wondering, since it's 4 of us, if the rooms could accept a fifth person (Michael) to be there with us, at least on the interview day and while we wait for the visa. Something that scares me too is the time C_Maria had to wait for his visa! Although I have also read that some people received it the following day which would be ideal. Now see this: we fly on Sunday, go to the medical on Monday. We would have to wait until Thursday to get the kids results, do I want to take the risk to have the interview on Friday? What if we don't get them? I think I would like to wait until Monday to make sure, what do you think? Anyway, if we had it on Friday, we would have to wait there the whole weekend to get it Monday, if we are lucky. But if we fly on Monday morning and do all that in one day and come bak the following day, and then we schedule the interview for Tuesday, we would fly Monday and then wait to get it, hopefully on Wednesday or Friday. And then we would cross. Does that make sense? What do you think?

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Filed: Timeline

I was there last two weeks ago! there is not a open app, you must wait until you get it through the mail in mxo or usa, because when you go to the medical exam they ask for it and also the day of your interview, once you get your letter app you can go to the website and schudule you interview and ASC (this has to be before) about your medical exam you get the results the same day in the afternoon, you dont need appoinment just go early in the morning and they have it but 2pm and also you can schdule ASC app the same day, and can have your interview next day or if you want to give a day between as I did I could be good too. I got my visa in my state a week later, I didnt have to wait there. I was in quality inn hotel it is in the same street as the consulate.

Timeline

Thanks! Did you have kids with you?

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Timeline

Well it is actually an open appointment basically meaning...when you recieve packet 3 you will get a letter of invitation for fiancee visa. Then you may choose an appointment date, unlike a spouse visa that tells you when to come to consulate.

However you WILL need to schedule ASC appointments for each person...fiancee & kids (we will need to do this once we get letter in the mail...any week now!!!!please!)

Here is our expectation with children, make our ASC appontments online & pay fees... (but first check all the airlines & hotels for open dates & tickets ...but don't schedule flight until we get ASC)

We will get Hotel reservation after ASC is scheduled...the only hotel I found that allowed 5 in a room is La Quinta which is why I am staying there, it includes a fridge & microwave for a great price. includes breakfast & has a heated pool & free shuttle rides to everywhere you need to go.

Once we have ASC appointments we will try to fly in the day before & settle into hotel then early the next morning go to the medical and hopefully the ASC later in the day, then go wait 72 hours for the kids TB tests to develop.

After the 3 days/72 hours we will return to medical for them to look at the injection site of TB tests & gather our papers from medical & head over to consulate for the open appointment.

We are having the visas delivered to the DHL in Cd. Juarez because we don't want to fly back to Cancun, we want to cross the frontera at Juarez to El Paso & then fly from El Paso to Minnesota.

Therefore we will maybe be 10 days in Juarez...or more if the visa delivery to DHL takes a while.

I did consider flying in on a Thurday & have medical & ASC on a friday & then wait the weekend in Juarez for the 72 hour TB test results...meaning Monday we could go to interview...that would give them all week to deliver visas to DHL, I also belive DHL is open on saturdays so that gives us a whole 7 days without worring about hitting a weekend.

Basically we are just waiting till the packet 3 gets here so we can get the reservations and plans made!

Timeline

Thanks! Did you have kids with you?

Sarah, we will have to stay longer because of the kids TB tests so if I were you I would plan 4 days at least... that is if you do the Medical your first morning, then ASC same day in the afternoon...wait 3 days (72 hors for TB test) go to theinterview & then fly home & wait for your visas at DHL in your hometown.

Timeline

Sarah, we will have to stay longer because of the kids TB tests so if I were you I would plan 4 days at least... that is if you do the Medical your first morning, then ASC same day in the afternoon...wait 3 days (72 hors for TB test) go to theinterview & then fly home & wait for your visas at DHL in your hometown.

Si I wrote a reply to your previous message but I dont know why it didnt go through. I was planning then, I didnt know that the 72 hours was to wait for some reaction, to fly there Thrusday, have medical and ASC on Friday, pick results up Monday and interview Thursday, how about that? I don't want to fly back to Mexico City, I'd rather wait in Juarez to receive them there.

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Timeline

Si I wrote a reply to your previous message but I dont know why it didnt go through. I was planning then, I didnt know that the 72 hours was to wait for some reaction, to fly there Thrusday, have medical and ASC on Friday, pick results up Monday and interview Thursday, how about that? I don't want to fly back to Mexico City, I'd rather wait in Juarez to receive them there.

Yes we are waiting to recieve our visa in Jaurez too! We don't want to leave town unless we have them in our hands jajaja!

Our plan goes like this;

Some Thursday (early June we hope) fly from Cancun/DF/Juarez...in Juarez we will get a ride from a taxi driver named Victor Garcia whose name & number was given to me by a personal friend who used his service...he will pick us up at airport in Juarez & drive us to Hotel La Quinta....he has a van so bags from all 5 of us will fit in one van & we do not need 2 taxis.(let me know if you want Victor Garcias name & number...you need to text or call him a week before you want him to drive you, I hear he is a wonderful person)

Hotel La Quinta is best choice for us since it allows 5 in the same room for under $70usd a night

We go to sleep early Thursday night ...but a nervous sleep!!!

Friday early Morning Lupita & kids (boys aged 10 & 14) go 6 am to medical, (office opens at 6:30am)Lupita will have TB x-ray & fast result. Boys will need TB injection, they inject a little needle in the arm...then you wait 3 days/72hours for the reaction to develop. (So the kids will need to go back to medical early Monday morning so the Doctor can read the test result & give them the papers they need for Consulate interview.)

Friday afternoon after the medical...go get photos & finger prints at the ASC appointment (you will make this appointment online before you go to Juarez & you pay your fees at the same time, online)

Saturday & Sunday hang around the hotel swimming pool...waiting for the TB test to develop!

Early Monday morning go back to Medical for kids TB test results...then go directly to consulate with all the papers & get in line for Consulate interview. This can be a long day of waiting, up to 5 hours! Hopefully get visas approved & then go back to hotel & begin waiting for the visas to be delivered to DHL in Juarez...

Check every day at DHL for visas...once the visas get delivered we will take the hotel shuttle to cross the Frontera or maybe call Victor Garcia to drive us since he can stay with us as we cross & drive us all the way to El Paso!

In El Paso...jump up & down & feel very happy...then make reservations to fly to Minnesota...I think we will need to stay a night in El Paso but it will depend on what time we arrive in Texas!

Timeline

Si, I have been thinking about programming like that after you told me, but I will be calling the medical services to make sure the medical results would be delivered on Monday, or have you called them? What if they ask to come back on Tuesday?? And yes I would love to have the taxi driver's number to have him take us to the hotel. Thanks Kim

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.