aimeevsgarnette

Jamaica Packet 3

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Aimee!!!! I always have questions for you, this will help me a lot. BRILLIANT ideagood.gif

Hello,

How do you go about emailing DS-230 to the embassy. The form does not allow you to save it online. Did you have to print it then fax it to them, or did you print it scan it and attach it in the email. Trying to email it instead of mailing it so it would go faster, but I am not sure how to go about this. You help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Timeline

Hello,

How do you go about emailing DS-230 to the embassy. The form does not allow you to save it online. Did you have to print it then fax it to them, or did you print it scan it and attach it in the email. Trying to email it instead of mailing it so it would go faster, but I am not sure how to go about this. You help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

People on here have had success emailing it to them. Try it both ways.

Timeline

Hello,

I filled out the form, scanned it then emailed it to my finace. He signed, scanned and emailed it to embassy and myself.

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Thank you for this!! I was looking for something to go by and "voila", perfect! Thank you!

We got packet three in the mail friday and figured that many people dont get it that we sould post it to help out. I have attached the three main pages. They also send all of the DS forms, medical forms ( you can find it online here: http://travel.state....L-0001-0707.pdf ), the affidavit of support form I-134, and a few misc things about picture sizes and how to prove you wont be a public charge. You will have to zoom up to read them...Had to make them small in order to attach to the post :) hope this helps

Edited by sitamari

I-129F Sent...........................................07/20/2011

I-129F Received at TX lockbox.............07/22/2011

NOA1....................................................07/26/2011

Touch!...................................................08/04/2011

Requested Expedite via Phone.............08/16/2011

Rec'd Email Requesting additional

info to Expedite Processing...................08/17/2011

Faxed supporting ppwk to Expedite.......08/19/2011

NOA2 Approval of I-129F Petition!.........08/24/2011

Rec'd Hard Copy of NOA2 Approval.....08/29/2011

NVC Rec'd I-129F from USCIS.............08/25/2011

NVC Forwarded petition to Kingston.....08/26/2011

Emailed Consulate for Case Status......09/01/2011

Rec'd confirmation of Case Received

& Request for DS230 from Consulate...09/01/2011

Emailed DS230 to Embassy..................09/06/2011

Sent 2nd Request for Interview.............09/08/2011

Received Packet 4 via Email................09/08/2011

Medical Exam.......................................09/27/2011

INTERVIEW.........................................10/13/2011

APPROVED!!!

Arrival in USA.........................11/11/2011

Marriage.................................12/29/2011

AOS Journey:

Submitted AOS Application.....03/24/2012

NOA 1......................................03/28/2012

Walk-In Biometrics..................04/17/2012

Transferred to CSC.................04/27/2012

Case Received at CSC...........5/03/2012

EAD and AP Approved............05/23/2012

EAD/AP Card Received...........06/01/2012

AOS Approved.........................11/24/2012

We got packet three in the mail friday and figured that many people dont get it that we sould post it to help out. I have attached the three main pages. They also send all of the DS forms, medical forms ( you can find it online here: http://travel.state....L-0001-0707.pdf ), the affidavit of support form I-134, and a few misc things about picture sizes and how to prove you wont be a public charge. You will have to zoom up to read them...Had to make them small in order to attach to the post :) hope this helps

The 6 photographs is that passport pics?

K1 VISA
4/25/2011 Sent Papers for Toney to sign.
5/9/2011 Received package from me
5/10/2011 He sent back to me DHL
5/11/2011 Received packaged
5/14/2011 Sent Forms to the Texas Lockbox.
5/16/2011 They received it. Signed by J.Author
5/18/2011 NOA1 Text/Email
5/23/2011 NOA1 Hardcopy
7/29/2011 NOA2 APPROVED NO RFE
8/15/2011 NVC Received
8/17/2011 Left NVC
8/26/2011 VISITING TONEY FOR 10 DAYS!!
8/27/2011 recieved packet 3
9/19/2011 Received Interview date (11/03/2011 @ 9:30Am)
9/26/2011 Made medical appointment ( 10/20/2011 )
10/20/2011 Medical was a success!!
11/3/2011 APPROVED!!!P
12/1/2011 UPDATE: 18 business day's into AP :( DEPRESSED....
12/9/2011 VISA IN HAND!!
12/16/2011 POE MIAMI
12/31/2011 MARRIED!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
03/03/2012 Sent AOS Express Overnight ( On a Saturday )
03/05/2012 AOS Delivered Signed By J.C
03/13/2012 Hard copy of NOA1
03/31/2012 Got Biometrics appointment... 4/25/2012 10am
4/27/2012 EAD in production.
4/27/2012 AP APPROVED
05/05/2012 Got EAD CARD
6/12/2012 APPROVED AOS INTERVIEW
DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!!

ROC (REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS)

5/1/2014 Sent our ROC Express Over night
5/5/2014 Package Picked up Signed by R.Gonzales
5/8/2014 Received NOA/Extension in mail
7/18/2014 GC APPROVED.....

• 3 months later...
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs:

This is great!! Exactly where we're at now... Kingston was supposed to have sent out Packet 3 Dec 2nd and it hasn't reached fiance so next he's going to try and locate a fax machine that we can use and work with DS230 and emailed embassy yesterday asking for Packet 3 via email and resent through postal mail. I'm kicking myself now though because time's wasting away, wish this was already done...

Question... same as above /\ question about the 6 needed pics- just passport pics right?

Also, the packet states to bring 1040s and W2s- didn't have that along with I-134 didn't think it was needed we can definately update that but did you all need your 1040s and W2s?

Also, what is the DS2000? It lists that as further proof of support??

Finally, police record- does it have to be mailed to embassy?? We have a police record not sealed or sent, it is just the open sheet of paper... Does fiance need to get it seal/sent or both??

SO MUCH INFO! Thanks in advace!

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

Timeline

More questions... fiance and i are working on getting everything together today now that that Packet 3 is definitely not coming... I've emailed the embassy for a second one sent to me via email and hard copy to fiance.. Do they actually get the emails and send you one?

Also, for the medical in Jamaica fiance needs 4 passport pics? And then 6 more at the time of the interview? Is that correct..?

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Reposted from another section on VJ – Jamaica Packet 3

Just in case something happens to the Packet 3 Checklist attachment, here's a text version of it:

Embassy of the United States of America

142 Old Hope Road

Kingston 6

Jamaica West Indies

Dear Sir/Madam:

We have received a visa petition on your behalf from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service) according you status as a fiancé/fiancée under the provisions of Section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended. Please read and follow carefully the instructions below.

Before you can be scheduled for an interview and a medical examination, you must complete and return to this office the enclosed Form DS-230 Part I, “Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Biographic Data).” This office cannot schedule your interview until this form is received. Persons who fail to appear for a scheduled visa interview appointment will not be rescheduled automatically for a new appointment, but will have to request one by email at kingstonivinfo@state.gov.

While you are awaiting your interview, you should also begin to obtain all the required documents listed below. Please read and follow carefully all instructions below and obtain all of the documents requested before the date of your interview. If any of the required documents are not submitted at the time of your interview, it will not be possible to approve your application. To prevent delays in processing your application, it is essential that you obtain all required documents and submit them at the time of your scheduled interview.

Please note that all documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to by a notary public.

_____Application forms:

-Complete application Form DS-156 ON LINE at http://evisaforms.state.gov or http://kingston.usembassy.gov. Instructions are enclosed. Print out two copies of the form to bring to the interview.

-Fill out in duplicate, but do not sign, the enclosed Form DS-156K. (Like the DS-156, you can also complete this form online.)

-Please also fill out and sign both of the enclosed Forms DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant).

_____Passport: Obtain a valid passport. A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

_____Photographs: You will also need six (6) color photographs that show a full front view of the facial features of the applicant. These photographs must be printed on one-ply paper with a matte finish, measure 2 inches (50mm x 50mm approx.), be unmounted, and have a white or off-white background. No earring, head covering or dark glasses should be worn. Hair must not cover the ears and no shadow should be seen on the photographs. Photographs that do not comply with the above requirements will not be accepted.

_____Birth Certificate: Obtain one certified copy of your birth certificate. If you have any children who will accompany you, you must obtain one certified copy of each child’s birth certificate. If born in Jamaica, any birth certificate submitted must be the new style issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper. Handwritten copies are not acceptable.

_____Marriage Certificate: Obtain one certified copy (if you or your fiancé/fiancée were married previously) of your marriage certificate or certificates, and one certified copy of the divorce or death certificate to prove dissolution of any marriage. If married in Jamaica, this copy must be the new style issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper. Handwritten copies are not acceptable.

_____Police Certificate: You (and any children over the age of 16 who will accompany you) must obtain a police certificate from the police authorities of any country (including Jamaica) where you have resided for more than six months since your 16th birthday. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

_____Court Records: If you have been convicted of a crime or other offence, obtain a certified court record covering each offence.

_____Military Records: If you have served in the military, you must submit a military record for your complete years of service. This record must also show any convictions of crimes before any military tribunals.

_____Certificate(s) of Non-Impediment to Marriage: If you are a Jamaican resident, you must obtain a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper. If you have any Jamaican-resident children who will be accompanying you who are aged 18 or older, each such child must present a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper.

_____Evidence of Support: You must submit evidence that you (and any accompanying children) are not likely to become a public charge (i.e. financial burden to the U.S. Government) while in the United States. Typically, evidence submitted by an applicant presented to meet this requirement of the law will consist of a Form I-134 “Affidavit of Support” completed by the petitioning fiancé/fiancée or other U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, along with the sponsor’s most current year’s 1040 and W2, current bank statements, earnings statements, and an employment letter.

_____Medical Examination: A medical examination is required for each applicant and each unmarried minor child who will accompany you to the United States. Most medical results are valid for one year from the date of issuance. You may arrange for a medical examination by calling one of the physicians listed on the enclosed leaflet. Please note that you must pay for the medical examination. The results of the medical examination should take approximately seven days to reach the Embassy, so applicants should be sure to complete the examination a minimum of seven days before the scheduled visa interview.

_____Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable US$131.00 visa fee (in Jamaican dollar equivalent) and obtain a receipt at any branch of National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB). Each applicant, including children, must pay the fee, which is valid for one year and is transferable if not used. Please disregard any instructions from NCB regarding obtaining an appointment, and instead appear for interview on the date assigned directly by the Embassy.

Again, please ensure that you have all of the above documents in hand when you come to the Embassy for your visa interview.

We hope the above information addresses any questions you may have regarding procedures for qualifying to receive a fiancé/fiancée visa. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send an email to kingstonivinfo@state.gov or visit the U.S. Embassy website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov.

We look forward to seeing you on your appointment date.

Sincerely,

Consular Officer

Enclosures:

1. Nonimmigrant Photograph Specifications

2. Part I – Biographic Data (DS-230 Part I)

3. Information for On Line Completion of Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-156)

4. Supplemental Form DS-157 [2 copies]

5. Nonimmigrant Finance Visa Application (DS-156K) [2 copies]

6. Evidence which may be presented to meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law

(DS- 2000)

7. Affidavit of Support (I-134)

8. Medical History Form

9. Immunization instruction sheet

10. Attachment with general instructions

Rev: 04/2009

We received this document in July 2009. Please be aware that it may have been updated since. If you have an updated version, please post. There were no enclosures in the form, but you can find them online. Google can assist.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.