chicagorj

What is cost of Med Exam/X-rays/Immunizations in Nigeria?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Fellow visa petitioners & beneficiaries (Nigeria - specifically) How much will it cost for med exam/x-rays/immunizations in Lagos? From start to finish - how long did it take to have the 'sealed' envelopes in your hand?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

-chicagorj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm K1 visa and not sure if it is the same for you. My fiance just had his several weeks ago, the cost is about 160USD and it took about 2-3 weeks. They do not give you the sealed envelope, it is sent directly to the consulate.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

Thanks for the info JoyJoy. Wow i'm kinda surprised to hear it took so long to complete the exam etc. I hope it didn't cause you to postpone the interview. According to the immigrantvisas.state.gov site link to Lagos exam information, it says 2 visits required but only 2-3 to complete AND no appointment needed. How nice it would be to have accurate information posted on these sites. Gosh with his interview on June 3rd, we better plan on him going next week.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

-chicagorj

And GOOD LUCK at the interview!

Edited by chicagorj

Timeline

Your welcome and thank you.

I think it took 3 weeks because he had to make appt. His first week he made the appt, the second his medical exam, and third week vaccination. I understand their are 2 hospitals that they can choose, I think the one he went to were very busy that day and it was just easier to make the appt. because he works. Not a problem for us because we still had plenty of time before the interview. Best regards on your interview as well!

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

hey joyjoy, how are you preparing for the interview? are you nervous, are you guys practising? i pray our expectation shall not be cut short in jesus name. im so excited and im counting down.

We are more anxious than nervous. We've been practicing since before our first notice of approval. We're excited too and counting down from months to weeks to days, now. We are now working on getting our long form birth certificate, it will be ready by Tuesday. I hope your interview goes well. It will be here before you know it!

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is that 160.00 USD for exam plus vaccinations or is it more for vaccinations? Also do you have to wait until the case is sent to Nigeria to schedule the appointment since they send the forms to the Embassy? It was my understanding that my husband had to bring his medical forms to the interview. Is it possible to get a copy of the exam just incase it gets lost? I know a lot of questions, sorry. We received our NOA2 and are trying to get our stuff in order. Oh yeah when exactly did yoor husband get his police cert? Was it once you received the NOA2? Because it is my understanding they only last for three months, so if the interview is scheduled later then three months from when he receives the cert he has to get another one? I pray God's blessings over both of you's interview. God is able. I know you can't wait to bring your fiance/husband home. God bless and thanks for considering answering my questions :)

Timeline

I don't have answers to all your questions because I filed for a K1 visa. 160USD was for everything. You have to wait for your interview before taking your medical. And you can get a copy of your results but they will charge you. It didn't take us long to receive our police certificate, maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Hopefully more experienced members can better answer your questions and fill in the blanks.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

I don't have answers to all your questions because I filed for a K1 visa. 160USD was for everything. You have to wait for your interview before taking your medical. And you can get a copy of your results but they will charge you. It didn't take us long to receive our police certificate, maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Hopefully more experienced members can better answer your questions and fill in the blanks.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Fellow visa petitioners & beneficiaries (Nigeria - specifically) How much will it cost for med exam/x-rays/immunizations in Lagos? From start to finish - how long did it take to have the 'sealed' envelopes in your hand?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

-chicagorj

The information is correct it only takes 2visits to complete. Some people need extra immunizations so they will go back on more than two ocassions. Some of the immunizations are administered in a series for example the hep b shot. However if u dont finish up in Naija u can finish up here but tge main shots they will make sure u have those before u leave Naija......good luck to u!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is that 160.00 USD for exam plus vaccinations or is it more for vaccinations? Also do you have to wait until the case is sent to Nigeria to schedule the appointment since they send the forms to the Embassy? It was my understanding that my husband had to bring his medical forms to the interview. Is it possible to get a copy of the exam just incase it gets lost? I know a lot of questions, sorry. We received our NOA2 and are trying to get our stuff in order. Oh yeah when exactly did yoor husband get his police cert? Was it once you received the NOA2? Because it is my understanding they only last for three months, so if the interview is scheduled later then three months from when he receives the cert he has to get another one? I pray God's blessings over both of you's interview. God is able. I know you can't wait to bring your fiance/husband home. God bless and thanks for considering answering my questions :)

U can wait until they send ur case to Naija bcuz u will have more than enough time between notification and the actual interview to get the physical done. The price for the physical is just that they may charge extra for certain physicals. Also u r correct ur fiance will go to the embassy with there medical exam 'brown envelope' good luck to u!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Our visa journey is a IR1/CR1 since we are married already. After rec'g the NOA2 (notice date - 10/26/2010), it was a few weeks until finally rec'g an envelope from the NVC offices. Immediately, I paid the AOS fee online, filed the Choice of Agent form and signed up for email notification. Then it was time for my husband, the benficiary, to fill out the DS-230. My husband travelled to Lagos for the police certificate in December while I paid the IV fee online. He fedexed the DS-230 around Dec. 20 arriving at Portsmouth by Dec 24. My recollection is the police certificate is good for longer than 3 mos. Gosh I hope so. My experience with the NVC offices is that they are very thorough and if there was an issue about the police certificate, it would be have been listed as one of the documents to bring to the interview.

Unfortunately, there was some back and forth about the Affidavit of Support with the NVC offices which caused delay in processing our case resulting in bringing proof of my filing 2010 taxes to the interview. All is in order and we are READY!

From reading other posts, I think it would be advantageous for me to be in Lagos with my husband for his interview even though I know I'll be sitting in the hall close by during the interview, I really want to be there to support him, support each other's nerves. Ideally, I would love to fly back to the U.S. with him next to me although I don't know how long after the interview his visa is made available for pickup. And then there's the lingering possibility some 221g is laid on us. Then what? Round trip airfare is not cheap esp. if booked on short notice and then there's the one-way ticket for my sweet man. Ah but it's all okay, we'll get through it - no matter what.

I hope I answered some of your questions. This whole process is daunting but move forward a step at time confidently and steadily towards the goal.

-chicagorj

Timeline

Thank you patient2010 and chicagoj...Your information is very helpful. chicagoj you are planning to come to Niaja for your husband's interview? That is awesome. How O wish I could afford to do just that but as you said the airfare is very expensive and unfortunate where my husband lives there is not enough room sor me so I would have to stay in a hotel. The summer airfare will be ridiculous and he and I are claiming by mid or towards the end of the summer he should have his interview. By the time the airfare will be close to $2000.00 round trip and around the same one-way. So we are going to have to focus on him getting his airfare here. Unless God blesses us with a financial miracle and you and I both know God is able. Thanks again for your help...

• 2 months later...
Timeline

I am getting close to the medical stage in lagos.. But i need some clarifications....I am filing for my wife and my daughter who is 2 years old..Will my 2 year old daughter need a medical or just my wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.