Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I haven't had the National Visa Center email me in the longest. Got an email today informing me to provide additional tax information, no biggy, but with all the IL going around it makes me feel optimistic!

F1 ~ PD: 30th Mar,2007

AOF Received: 19th Apr. 2012

Case Completed: 27th Aug,2013

​I/L Received: 2nd Jun,2014

Medical Exam: 6th Jun, 2014

Interview: 1st July 2014

Visa Issued: 10th July 2014

Entered USA: 26 July 2014

Driver License 29 July 2014

Social Security# 05 August 2014

Job# 01 October 2014

----------------------------------------------

F1 Watch List

Filed: Timeline

Me too, mine is July 24, 2006. I called NVC this week for my IL after the VB came out. The rep was very unhappy, saying the VB was for Aug, so I had to wait till Aug to inquiry them.

I'm wondering whether they have a favorite country list to send out IL? Looks like people in Jamaica got the IL earlier, or just because we have more Jamaica members in the forum? (Sorry if I'm wrong)

Me too , im waiting my il .my pd is 2 may 2006. Im complete my case 10 may 2012.... Im dominican..

Edited by maramr

Maragoofy.gif

Category : F1

PD: 02 May 2006

CC: 10 May 2012

ID: 23 September 2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Me too , im waiting my il .my pd is 2 may 2006. Im complete my case 10 may 2012.... Im dominican..

That's very unusual! You've been current for a while. What has NVC told you? Perhaps you should contact your embassy directly. Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

@SIMIT and Grade6

(Lol)favourites,nah,I still have not received mine.

PD-26jul06

I'm confused about why you haven't received either. I thought everyone current at a certain embassy will have gotten their letter at the same time. Assuming everything is order with your documents at the NVC, and you were told that your case was complete and that you're "documentarily quailed," then you definitely have the right to speak to a supervisor to resolve it. Or contact your embassy directly. Edited by javisakid

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

@javisakid

Yea case complete,so I really don't know why there seems to be a hold up.

Hmmm...that must feel so frustrating. Sometimes things get overlooked by the people who are responsible for them. So, I suggest you call NVC over and over (speak with a supervisor if necessary) and also write an email to the US consulate in Kingston: kingstonivinfo@state.gov or KingstonIV@state.gov.

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/mobile//immigrant_visas.html

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To everyone who's dare is current as per VB you won't necessarily get am IL as it becomes current.. If you wait for 30 days of being current n still nothing contact ur country embassy.. U have up to 90 days in some cases before they contact you after you become current depending in your embassy ... So prepare nice letters and send and ask your embassy about an update in your case as from the last posted VB you are current.. Some will write you back with a date and others will let u know that they are still processing ur case but due to their volume of work they are not at ur case yet.. So email or call people

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just a quick update guys............Almost set!!....Police certificate...and...No-impediment certificate >> (Applied for)......Pictures taken.......Medical scheduled..........My joint sponsor is getting his latest US tax return (form 1040) ready.....Affidavit of Support (form I-864).......A photocopy of the biographic page of his passport..........A photocopy of his certificate of naturalization and his most recent W2 wage statement.......Also my petitioner is sending her original birth certificate which I will make copy in case it will be requested at the interview

Do I have to bring pictures with me and my petitioner to interview? I have pictures of both of us which was taken this year on her visit here.

If there is anything missing, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!!

Hi congrats how do you know if a sponsor is above the poverty mark

Timeline

Hi West I think you missed one step.

I was reviewing my interview letter and in the section 'How to Prepare for the Visa Interview' I notice a reference to url: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html

In the Interview Preparation - embassy guidelines: this can be found at url: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html

1) You need to select Kng-Kingston from the drop down box provided.

2) Click the US Embassy/Consulate Specific Information button.

3) Go to page 3 and you will notice it speaks to you registering for a free DHL courier service to return you passport.

4) After registering you should print the confirmation page and take it with you to the interview.

This is required for people who have interviews on and after March 18, 2013.

Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

ok,so I just contacted the NVC and was advised that an interview date is still not available.

I remember reading on the NVC website, I can't recall the URL, that Countries are only allowed a specified percentage of the available visa per annum. I'm not sure if it applies here in your case, but I hope for the best! It's just wait it out, you are almost at the finish line and I could only imagine what that must feels like....

F1 ~ PD: 30th Mar,2007

AOF Received: 19th Apr. 2012

Case Completed: 27th Aug,2013

​I/L Received: 2nd Jun,2014

Medical Exam: 6th Jun, 2014

Interview: 1st July 2014

Visa Issued: 10th July 2014

Entered USA: 26 July 2014

Driver License 29 July 2014

Social Security# 05 August 2014

Job# 01 October 2014

----------------------------------------------

F1 Watch List

Timeline

ok,so I just contacted the NVC and was advised that an interview date is still not available.

F1junkie has a later date than you, same embassy, and was scheduled for an interview. This is weird.

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Wow this is crazyness my PD is august!! I know that you should know the process inside and out but I have to ask. Was you case completed?

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.