K1-Seeker

AOS Approved - Docs they asked for.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Our AOS was approved last Friday in Santa Ana, CA..

The most significant docs they want to see according to the officer are:

Her name on your house deed(I did not have it)

Life insurance beneficiary( I did have)

401K beneficiary ( I did not have)

The following I did have

Joint bank account

Credit cards

AAA card

Health insurance cards

util bills

Many Pics with family and friends

Make sure you take a copy of what you have already sent them with you...He asked for a doc that was already included.

Timeline

hey, your AOS was approved? congrats, we just sent ours in today. cant wait for all this to be over.

I have one question, did you get a drivers license? Im living in Denver, I had a license back home (Iran) and I have an international one that has been expired, do I still need to take the test and everything all over again?

thanks for the help.

Mali

Timeline

Thanks, don't worry about the interview it is pretty simple and straight forward. My wife got a DL but we only have the temporary one that expires

in a month or so, once we get the GC we'll go the Department of Motor Vehicles to inquire about the "permanent" one.

States have different laws, but CA gives you a 90 day DL if you have your Iranian DL but you still have to take the tests for a "permanent" one. Logic dictates that you'll have to take the tests to get a perm DL. If you have any questions let me know...

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.