ChazAZ

K-2 Waiver

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife is from Mexico. Her child is still there. We desperately want to bring the child here since a terrible thing has transpired. She was staying at her Aunts house and has suffered sexual abuse at the hands of her older cousins. We want to know if there is a form we can file to help expedite her extraction from that situation. She has since been moved to another family members residence that is very stable and a very loving home. Nonetheless the damage has been done. In order to get her here faster the consulate said we could file some paperwork to help expedite the interview and K-2 process. We have applied for an appointment but do not want to wait the 90 days it will take to bring this four year old here to the US. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

K-1 Visa

Event Date Engaged 11-28-07

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-11

NVC Received : 2008-06-16

NVC Left : 2008-06-18

Consulate Received : 2008-06-20

Touch: 2008-7-1 Called (not in Juarez computer system yet)

Touch: 2008-7-9 Called (not in Juarez computer system yet)

Touch: 2008-7-17 Called (not in Juarez computer system yet)

told me typically is 4-5 weeks after receipt before the case is

entered in the system...maybe next week

Packet 3 Received : 2008-07-26

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : August 23rd (DENIED)

Visa Received :

US Entry : 04/30/2010

Marriage : 07/17/2010

AOS: Work permit and advanced parole 03/16/11

Resident card 04-16-11

Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this terrible thing you are going through. My thought would be to immediately contact your congressman, my amiga (a US Citizen) was able to expedite her husband & their son out of Mexico with the help of a congressman in literally 4 days! The baby aged 9 months was visiting Dad (just a one week visit)while dad's papers were in process & mom was working in USA...then Cozumel island was hit hard by hurricane Wilma & was declared a disaster zone, we were freaking out that the baby was there during the storm!!! After Mom called the congressman they got into the USA quickly!

Let us know how this all works out for you...

I will be saying prayers for you!

Kim

p.s. Baby boy was born in the USA & was a citizen, but Dad was in Mexico waiting to get papers...had been waiting about a year!

Edited by Kimchimex

Timeline

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/

here is link to a Cd. Juarez forum...someone on this site may be able to give you some information as well on how to rush the K2 and get your daughter into the USA.

It may take a bit to get approved to post on this site, if you have trouble getting their attention let me know & I will contact them for you.

Kim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.