militarygf

Last minute check for documents fr peitioner for visa interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ family! I'm scheduled for the visa interview for May 17. I’d like to make some final check for the documents my man needs to send me. Would appreciate the help.

General Requirements from him: (at least 2 copies each?)

Evidence of Genuine Engagement – any emails/ letters/ cards not included in the I-129F package

a. Receipts from UPS of the package I sent, and the package he sent for Xmas

b. Printed out statement of account from AT&T for at least 3 months.

c. Since there is no engagement ring; venue and man of authority who can attest he has been making plans/ arrangements through query of schedule, fees, etc. (but Is this really necessary?)

e. Proof of Termination of his Prior Marriage – Certified True Copy of Divorce Decree.

f. His Updated Letter of Intent

Evidence of Support

a. US Federal Tax income(Form 1040) for at least 3 yrs, including 2011.

b. Wage Statements (Form W-2) for at least 3 yrs, including 2011.

c. Printed out Statement of Account of bank or institution for at least 1 yr. This is where the movement of your account is reflected.

d. Employment letter stating salaries and bonuses for at least 1 yr; date and nature of employment; employment tenure/ status.

e. Bank statement or other institutions with deposits signed by an officer, which should include date account opened; total amt deposited for the past year; and present balance.

f. Statements/ Copies of assets – vehicle, house, bonds, etc.

g. form 1041/ Tax Returns for 3 years, including 2011

My fiance has only been in the military for a little over a year, which is why we are including his tax forms from his previous employment.

Also, may i ask if he needs to send me the certified true copy of his 17 year old daughter from his previous marriage? Fiance and daughter are naturalized citizens, both born in PI. Are there other info or documents pertaining to the identity of his daughter such as her naturalization number, etc?

How about the copy of the letter request for expedited process he faxed to USCIS? Does he need to send me that as well, and the notices of approval?

i also understand that I need to bring an exact copy of the I-129F package he submitted; I did majority of the paperwork, and sent the whole thing to him, and made a copy for myself already. He just had to sign and insert some documents, including the following:

1. Cover letter

2. Page 3, Part D of I-129F. (part where the the petitioner has to sign and date the form)

3. Attachment page of I-129-F.

4. his G-325 A

5. Attachment page of his G-325A.

6. His passport sized photo submitted w/ the package.

7. Certified True Copy of Divorce Decree

8. Last Page of his notarized Declaration (how we met) (attachment page –form 129F Part B…)

9. his notarized Affidavit of Intent

10. Copies of the Notarized Affidavits of his recruiter and wife, including photocopy of the military business card.

Does he need to send me all of the above, which i should insert in my I-129F package?

is there anything else i may have missed? i had to email him the above enumerated list, to cut his work for our application shorter. Im just worried that I may not have covered everything. :blush:

Thanks for the help anyone will extend me with.

Edited by militarygf

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

G-1145 form notify by E. MAIL put on top of file.his and her passport photos attached to the G-325 2x2 size,thre years tax returns are ok ,but better if you get tax transcripts for the last three years,you don't need w-2 or 1099, all is included with the transcripts from the IRS.every thing looks good in your file ..did she sign letter of intent .

Timeline

G-1145 form notify by E. MAIL put on top of file.his and her passport photos attached to the G-325 2x2 size,thre years tax returns are ok ,but better if you get tax transcripts for the last three years,you don't need w-2 or 1099, all is included with the transcripts from the IRS.every thing looks good in your file ..did she sign letter of intent .

I didn't realize that we still needed to submit that signed G1145, thank you for pointing that out :) im not sure if my fiance has the tax transcripts, but he told me that he has all tax forms since he migrated to US in 2006. will put that down on my "to ask list" thank you. Will it matter a lot though if he doesnt have the tax transcripts and I present the W-2 instead? He is in field training and im not sure how long a request for that would be responded to by IRS.

Yes, he signed the letter of intent in our I-129F. I guess that is another "oops i missed list :bonk: "

Thank you so much jkelly for checking my list. Would not have noticed those documents missing had you not mentioned them. :thumbs: i wish you the best of luck in your journey!

i'd love to hear some feedback regarding my question about his daughter's birth certificate from Philippines. military Fiance is the petitioner; he and his daughter are naturalized US citizens. Would i also need the daughter;s naturalization number and certificate along with his other documents?

thanks!

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do we, beneficiaries, need to bring the exact copy of I-129F during our interview? got confused on this! thanks in advance~

Do we, beneficiaries, need to bring the exact copy of I-129F during our interview? got confused on this! thanks in advance~

One smile One touch One embrace One kiss One love Two people Two minds Two souls Two destinies One road One journey One ending

Together.

I-129F Sent: 2010-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2010-12-28

I-129F NOA2: 2011-04-07

NVC Received: 2011-04-12

NVC Left: 2011-04-17

Consulate Received:2011-04-26

Packet 3 Received: 2011-04-27

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-04-29

Interview Date: 2011-05-23

Interview Result: APPROVED

Visa Received: 2011-05-27

Date of US Entry: 2011-06-10

Wedding day: 2011-07-08

Filed AOS & EAD: 2011-08-19

NOA1: 2011-08-24

Biometrics: 2011-09-27

AOS Interview: 2011-11-14

Timeline

As far as I know, yes beneficiaries need an exact copy of the I-129F package. i may be wrong, but it never hurts to be sure. I suppose having a copy will help in reviewing small details that may be asked during the interview. good luck!

Bumping my post. Still waiting to be clarified on the question regarding fiance's daughter birth certificate and other documents. much thanks.

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

As far as I know, yes beneficiaries need an exact copy of the I-129F package. i may be wrong, but it never hurts to be sure. I suppose having a copy will help in reviewing small details that may be asked during the interview. good luck!

Bumping my post. Still waiting to be clarified on the question regarding fiance's daughter birth certificate and other documents. much thanks.

For beneficiary:

You want an exact or reasonable copy of the I-129F cause you want to make a good presentation on them, if asked. Original receipts and proof of evidence too.

Don't forget the things you have to do like:

Get police reports for places you lived over 6 months, since age 16.

Birth certificate.

Divorce certificate

translations.

You'll also have to get the medical exam done several days or a week or so before your interview so they will have the results.

I don't know about beneficiary's daughters birth certificate, but probably good to have to prove she is under 18, to be eligible for K-2 visa. I wouldn't take chances on this.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

For beneficiary:

You want an exact or reasonable copy of the I-129F cause you want to make a good presentation on them, if asked. Original receipts and proof of evidence too.

Don't forget the things you have to do like:

Get police reports for places you lived over 6 months, since age 16.

Birth certificate.

Divorce certificate

translations.

You'll also have to get the medical exam done several days or a week or so before your interview so they will have the results.

I don't know about beneficiary's daughters birth certificate, but probably good to have to prove she is under 18, to be eligible for K-2 visa. I wouldn't take chances on this.

Thank you for the reminder of what I have to bring to the interview! :thumbs: I am the beneficiary, by the way, and I've never had any kids nor contracted any marriage. It is the petitioner, my fiance, who has a 16 yr old daughter, who had obtained her citizenship as well. And I was wondering if i need to bring her birth certificate to the interview since she was born here in Philippines.

thanks again and I wish you the best of luck in your journey!

you had everything:) but for me i'll just follow what's on the packet because everything what our fiance sent over the uscis will be forwarded to the us embassy manila:) best of luck to you:)

thanks. it seems that i may be mulling over unnecessary matters as the interview date nears :bonk: I hope your journey will be smooth sailing!

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.