Major Kuma

question about name used

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

on form I-751, Part 3 item 1 asks for other names used. My wife has a non-official English name which she never uses on any official documents except for one rental lease. On that lease, her official name is listed, but then her English nickname was printed next to her official name within quotes. Since we are submitting the lease as evidence of us living together, I am just wondering if we need to list her English nickname as "other names used"? I have no problem listing it, except I heard that if the name clashes with a name on the black-list, there will be a lengthy background check... it would be stupid if this is the case because when we signed the lease, the landlady asked her if she had an English name that would be easier to remember, so she just came up with one... Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it should be OK to list her nick English name on the document since you are going to include the lease with the name.

I do not think it will have negative impact on her adjustment of status. Before she entered US, she had been checked throughtly from her head to her toes. During her stay in US, she has been doing well. So what to worry?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thank you xiaozhu. I really hope there is nothing to worry, but then again, there are many stories about how stupid things can be, such as a 5-year old on the no-flight list and a congress person on the no-flight list also (which I don't object as much).

I think it should be OK to list her nick English name on the document since you are going to include the lease with the name.

I do not think it will have negative impact on her adjustment of status. Before she entered US, she had been checked throughtly from her head to her toes. During her stay in US, she has been doing well. So what to worry?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.