Kozmo

Passports

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and step child have been waiting on their passports for about 1.5 months now. They were told that on Monday they would have them, now my wife is told that the machines are broken and not sure when they will receive. Typical Philippine BS! I called the Philippine Consulate in Chicago and the lady said they have a backog in Manila and not sure how long it will take. Has anyone had a similar experience and does anyone know how long this could be before they recieve their passports? This has caused a big delay in our NVC process, if it wasnt for this they could have been here end of May.

Thanks,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and step child have been waiting on their passports for about 1.5 months now. They were told that on Monday they would have them, now my wife is told that the machines are broken and not sure when they will receive. Typical Philippine BS! I called the Philippine Consulate in Chicago and the lady said they have a backog in Manila and not sure how long it will take. Has anyone had a similar experience and does anyone know how long this could be before they recieve their passports? This has caused a big delay in our NVC process, if it wasnt for this they could have been here end of May.

Thanks,

Tony

I have run into this as well. She renewed on March 11 at a RCO and we are still waiting for it. When she renewed the signs said it would be ready by April 15 due to a central bank issue. We already gathered the forms/documentation and the NOA2 was approved 2/14 so I have concerns about things expiring. It has been a frustrating experience because she can't do the medical or visa interview without the passport. We have not been told any estimated regarding a passport completion since she renewed.

I have run into this as well. She renewed on March 11 at a RCO and we are still waiting for it. When she renewed the signs said it would be ready by April 15 due to a central bank issue. We already gathered the forms/documentation and the NOA2 was approved 2/14 so I have concerns about things expiring. It has been a frustrating experience because she can't do the medical or visa interview without the passport. We have not been told any estimated regarding a passport completion since she renewed.

Sorry for your added frustration, but nothing will expire. Your packet is good for 4 months from NOA2 date, but guess what? You can have it extended 4 months at a time by a consular officer, up to a year! So you should be good to go.

Timeline

Thanks,

Tony

Aloha Tony, I sad to hear the delay, what a bunch of #######, but hey it PH and everything seems to be broken in PH except collecting the money.

_MG_0423.jpg

Not to hijack this tread but I have a question maybe you can answer.

My fiance has all her ID,s BC, Cenomar, police etc.

Can my finace and her daughter apply for the Passport at the same time??? or does my fiance need to get her passport 1st?

Because it says on the website, to apply for her daughter the requirements are

Traveling with mother only:

Passport of mother, original and photocopy.

Original Birth Certificate from NSO in SECPA

Personal appearance of minor with either parent.

If father will appear with the child, prepare the Marriage Certificate in SECPA.

If mother will appear with the child, no need for Marriage Certificate in SECPA.

Thanks Much........................Peace..................Happy

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This may help someone. This morning I noticed this:

DFA Consular Office Issues Advisory on Passport Applications

http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/newsroom/dfa-releases/2962-dfa-consular-office-issues-advisory-on-passport-applications

We sent an email asking if a punched passport can do this. They replied...can't extend a cancelled passport. Don't know why they didn't offer an extension when she renewed March 11 because they knew of the delay at the time.

Timeline

HappyinHawaii,

To answer your question yes they can both apply for their passports at the same time. That's what my wife and stepdaughter did. By the way, both finally recieved their passports, everything was express mailed back to me and now is in the hands of the NVC. So hopefully by the end of this month we will have a interview date.

Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.