Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

NYC Consulate Report Of Marriage

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OK, I have read a lot about filing the Report of Marriage with the NYC Consulate.

I have all the documents and I am ready to start copying and getting them notarized.

BUT... I get conflicting information on the very first step:

It reads:

"Four (4) original duly accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form signed by the husband and wife"

Some of my friends are telling me that this means 8 "Report of Marriage" forms total; 4 for me and 4 for my husband!

This just seems absurd to me. Can anyone who has done this through the NYC Consulate tell me the right answer?

Next it appears they want me to send them my original passport:

"One (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of currently valid passport or State-issued driver license of the contracting parties;"

Wow, I don't think I want to put my original passport in the mail. If that's the case, I'm heading down to NYC from Boston for a day or two!

Thanks so much for your help!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need 4 of those notarized report of marriage forms

1 original marriage certificate and 4 copies

I notarized 1 copy of my passport and then the rest are photocopy

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.