Ide & Sam

My I-129F Packet

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Some people have asked me what I included in my packet (since I got a NOA2 so quick). Honestly, I think the speed had more to do with it being a Cuba petition rather than anything special about what I included. But, I wanted to post just because when I was making my packet I was super curious about what other people included in theirs.

This was my table of contents:

1) $340.00 check

2) G-1145 E-Notification

3) I-129F (including supplement Part B Number 18 - description of how we met)

4) Passport style photos of both me and my fiance in a clear plastic photo sheet

5) G-325A for me

6) G-325A for him

7) 2 signed letters of intent to marry

8) My birth certificate

9) Copy of all pages of my passport

10) Proof of having met:

** 9 photos (3 for each year we have known each other) Labeled on the back with date, location and names of people in the photo. I included photos of us with his family and my friends. I organized the photos in clear photo sheets.

** Copies of boarding passes and baggage claim slips

** Copy of my Cuban visa with 1 month extension (this is good for Cuban filers because Cuba doesn't stamp your passport and they keep the visa when you leave. So make sure you photocopy the front and back of the visa.

** Withdraw slips from Cadeca, also good for Cuba filers. If you have a Transcard or Caribbean Transfer card you can include any cash withdraw slips you get. They list your name, how much you withdrew and the location of the cadeca.

** A photocopy of my rental agreement from my casa particular with me and my fiance's name listed on the form. This is also good for Cuba filers. If you rent a Casa or stay in a hotel and your partner registers with you, you can ask the casa host to make a photocopy of the rental agreement.

11) Proof of ongoing relationship:

** 14 pages of long distance phone records (my cell, skype and google voice)

** Copies of our facebook pages stating that we are in a relationship (haha...this was mostly for fun)

** 2 pages from our facebook chat logs and 2 pages of facebook "wall" postings

** 8 pages of emails from over the course of the relationship. I made sure to include the first email he sent me after we met. Romantic emails as well as practical ones talking about family, plans to meet etc..

And that was it ! No binder. I had white paper dividers and just put everything in an envelope.

Edited by IdV&SL

My Timeline

Dec 2008: Met my baby

Dec-July: Spend a million dollars on phone calls :)

July 2009: Visit to Havana

February-March 2010: Live together for the first time

April-December: Emails and texts and chats oh my !

January-March 2011: Together again ! Sooooo happy

November 2011: Went to Havana for the interview and we were approved ! Now on the the carta blanca

________

K-1 Visa:

03-24-2011: File I-129F

03-28-2011: NOA1

03-30-2011: Touch

04-22-2011: NOA2

04-29-2011: Case Forwarded to Havana

04-19-2011: My fiance received packet 3

11-01-2011: Interview Appointment. Approved!!!

11-02-2011: Received Visa

04-25-2012: Arrival in LA Airport!!!

06-08-2012: Married!!!

Adjustment of Status:

07-24-2012: Mailed AOS papers along with AP and EAD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Awesome! :) Definitely material for a Cuba guide, that's for sure

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-08-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-08-10

Timeline

Your Cuban sweetie has a FB page? How lucky is that! With the connection so slow I'm impressed that you got that to happen - I would LOVE to set one up when I go next time. Can you give some pointers on how you got that to happen?

Timeline

He only had internet access for a month back in October. He was able to arrange an internet connection (dial up) through a friend. I'll send you a private message with the specifics. He has had off and on email access in his home as well (different from an internet connection). Right now he is using the internet cafe, which sucks because the wait is horrendous. The dial up was good enough to set up the facebook, but he can't watch video and it takes forever to upload photos. The chat was also slow, but it was nice to have a for a while. Right now it is strictly emails and phone calls.

Cuba is crazy sometimes. I get jealous when people talk about the 200 pages of chat logs they are bringing to the interview :(

My Timeline

Dec 2008: Met my baby

Dec-July: Spend a million dollars on phone calls :)

July 2009: Visit to Havana

February-March 2010: Live together for the first time

April-December: Emails and texts and chats oh my !

January-March 2011: Together again ! Sooooo happy

November 2011: Went to Havana for the interview and we were approved ! Now on the the carta blanca

________

K-1 Visa:

03-24-2011: File I-129F

03-28-2011: NOA1

03-30-2011: Touch

04-22-2011: NOA2

04-29-2011: Case Forwarded to Havana

04-19-2011: My fiance received packet 3

11-01-2011: Interview Appointment. Approved!!!

11-02-2011: Received Visa

04-25-2012: Arrival in LA Airport!!!

06-08-2012: Married!!!

Adjustment of Status:

07-24-2012: Mailed AOS papers along with AP and EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.