GeekyGuy

In the Pit of Despair

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are at our wits' end. We are hoping that some VJers here can provide us with some good advice.

The medical exam for her and her daughter (age 11) took place the first week of April. There was some slight complication when her daughter's TB skin test came back positive, but her chest x-ray came back clear. They both received the necessary vaccinations. My fiancee's exam results were submitted to the embassy on 4/5, and her daughter's exam results were submitted on 4/6.

Her interview on 4/7 at the embassy went fine, for both of them. The consular officer informed her at the end of the interview that both visas had been approved, K1 and K2. However, when she surrendered both passports, she was informed that their case was being placed in an administrative review/processing because they had not yet received her daughter's exam results. That to me seemed reasonable, as the results had been submitted only the day before. The notice also said for us to wait until we heard back from the embassy or received a letter from them telling them when to return to the embassy with the indicated documents.

However, I thought that the embassy has to receive the medical exam results from St. Luke's, and that they won't accept a copy from my fiancee?

Also, this was three weeks ago. Surely they have received the medical exam results by now? Also, according to the DOS' web site, we will have to wait 60-90 days for administrative reviews to be completed?

Is this right? Should I not wait, and send an email or contact the call center now?

Mark and Bambi

2009/03/02 - Met Online

2010/05/20 - Met in Person in Philippines

2010/08/24 - I-129F Sent

2010/08/27 - NOA1

2010/09/10 - Touched

2011/02/08 - NOA2: I-129F Approved

2011/02/16 - I-129F Packet Received by NVC

2011/02/18 - NVC Shipped Packet to Embassy in Manila

2011/03/07 - I-129F Packet Received by Embassy

2011/03/25 - Received Interview Appointment Letter (Packet 4)

2011/04/07 - Embassy Interview: Approved!!

My fiancee and I are at our wits' end. We are hoping that some VJers here can provide us with some good advice.

The medical exam for her and her daughter (age 11) took place the first week of April. There was some slight complication when her daughter's TB skin test came back positive, but her chest x-ray came back clear. They both received the necessary vaccinations. My fiancee's exam results were submitted to the embassy on 4/5, and her daughter's exam results were submitted on 4/6.

Her interview on 4/7 at the embassy went fine, for both of them. The consular officer informed her at the end of the interview that both visas had been approved, K1 and K2. However, when she surrendered both passports, she was informed that their case was being placed in an administrative review/processing because they had not yet received her daughter's exam results. That to me seemed reasonable, as the results had been submitted only the day before. The notice also said for us to wait until we heard back from the embassy or received a letter from them telling them when to return to the embassy with the indicated documents.

However, I thought that the embassy has to receive the medical exam results from St. Luke's, and that they won't accept a copy from my fiancee?

Also, this was three weeks ago. Surely they have received the medical exam results by now? Also, according to the DOS' web site, we will have to wait 60-90 days for administrative reviews to be completed?

Is this right? Should I not wait, and send an email or contact the call center now?

Call the embassy and check on the status NOW, if they can't tell you anything then call St. Luke's and ask them if they've sent the results to the embassy. You should be all over this instead of just waiting for them. Remember, while it may be very important to you, it's only daily routine to them and they really couldn't care less until you make an issue of it. They should be able to tell you if they've received/sent the exam results or if your fiancee needs to get them from St. Luke's and deliver them herself.

George

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

I agree with George...call them and find out what is going on. The 60-90 day thing is BS..it is just a standard answer that they like to give. Talk to a live person and get the lowdown. Good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Call the embassy and check on the status NOW, if they can't tell you anything then call St. Luke's and ask them if they've sent the results to the embassy. You should be all over this instead of just waiting for them. Remember, while it may be very important to you, it's only daily routine to them and they really couldn't care less until you make an issue of it. They should be able to tell you if they've received/sent the exam results or if your fiancee needs to get them from St. Luke's and deliver them herself.

My fiancee has called them, a couple of times. The only answer she can get out of anyone at the call center is, "you'll just have to wait, ma'am". I did ask her to call St. Luke's today, which is how we found out that her daughter's medical exam results were submitted to the embassy on 4/6. At this point, am I required to wait, or can I start bugging the living daylights out of someone?

Mark and Bambi

2009/03/02 - Met Online

2010/05/20 - Met in Person in Philippines

2010/08/24 - I-129F Sent

2010/08/27 - NOA1

2010/09/10 - Touched

2011/02/08 - NOA2: I-129F Approved

2011/02/16 - I-129F Packet Received by NVC

2011/02/18 - NVC Shipped Packet to Embassy in Manila

2011/03/07 - I-129F Packet Received by Embassy

2011/03/25 - Received Interview Appointment Letter (Packet 4)

2011/04/07 - Embassy Interview: Approved!!

YOU need to call. Your fiancee is too nice. When they hear an american, they are normally more helpful.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Don't call the Embassy's call center. They are script-readers.

Call the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy. They will help you. Call them before 8 a.m. Manila time because the phone line gets pretty busy after that.

Their phone number from the U.S. is 011-63-2-301-2000 extension 5184 or 5185.

Good luck! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.