Tahlisha

Should I??????

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

As Salaamu Alykum all :0)

I am here in Morocco right now going through process to marry here. When I return home I will apply for the CR-1 visa. Last year we applied for the K-1 but did not get it. At his interview he was told he would receive a call. A few days later he got a call and was told to come back upon his return he was given a "WHITE REFUSAL LETTER" with "OTHER" checked for the reason, which stated our application had been sent back. I called to ask about it and was told it was sent back for further review but was not told why. Upon it being recieved in the states our case was closed because the dates had expired... I am wondering if should try to find out why it needed further review and if I should how do I go about doing that????

Thanks more your time :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most likely the Consulate will never let you know the reason of denial. Do you have any possible red flags? Go over each question your husband was asked at the interview. You should be able to come up with some possible answers of your own.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Most likely the Consulate will never let you know the reason of denial. Do you have any possible red flags? Go over each question your husband was asked at the interview. You should be able to come up with some possible answers of your own.

The only thing that really sticks out are questions about my father. He was asked where my parents lived. Told them where my mother lived and said my father had passed many years ago when I was 9 years old. The interviewer went on to ask a few more questions but hen asked where did my father work. That kinda threw him off becuase he had just said my father had died... So he just said what he remembered me saying about my father and that was that he liked to draw and paint so he said he was an artist..... Really I don't even remember what my father did for a living or where he worked.... My father died 30 years ago.... The whole proccess is crazy :0/

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Do you have a big age gap? Cultural differences? Religion? How you met ? Have you been married before? Does he have any relatives in the USA? Did he ever apply for other visas? There's got to be something else they saw?

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Do you have a big age gap? Cultural differences? Religion? How you met ? Have you been married before? Does he have any relatives in the USA? Did he ever apply for other visas? There's got to be something else they saw?

I am 6 years older than him... I am african american, we both are muslim, met online. I was married but divorced 7 years ago, he has never been married, He has a brother and a sister in the state (both married to nonmuslims) He applied for the lottery visa about 5 years ago..... If these things were the problem with the K-1 will they also be a problem with the CR-1????

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

HIs brothers and sisters applications were filed within a few weeks of each other and are married to their spouses ex's..... Something that I thought was very strange....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

HIs brothers and sisters applications were filed within a few weeks of each other and are married to their spouses ex's..... Something that I thought was very strange....

That could be a possible issue. You're going to have to address the possible issues with your new petition.

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Timeline

I am 6 years older than him... I am african american, we both are muslim, met online. I was married but divorced 7 years ago, he has never been married, He has a brother and a sister in the state (both married to nonmuslims) He applied for the lottery visa about 5 years ago..... If these things were the problem with the K-1 will they also be a problem with the CR-1????

Just getting married will NOT make the original reasons for denial go away. You just need to know your red flags, and be as prepared as you can be. I would look into my recent threads about our denial for the CR1...we were originally denied a K1 also. We don't have many red flags either....we are as simple as they can get, but the consulate sees something, and we don't know what yet. Good luck

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

That could be a possible issue. You're going to have to address the possible issues with your new petition.

How would I address this issue in my new petition.... I want to know the best way to go about it because really I am feeling like I have been discriminated against..... His brothers wife and sisters husband are WHITE americans nonmuslim..... and were married to each other a few years before..... His sisters husband only converted so that her parents would be ok with them getting married... But he does not practice his new "FAITH" They had no problems what so ever... The whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mouth...... What do I need to say so that our petition is looked at favorably... Again thanks so much for your assistance it is greatly appreciated :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Just getting married will NOT make the original reasons for denial go away. You just need to know your red flags, and be as prepared as you can be. I would look into my recent threads about our denial for the CR1...we were originally denied a K1 also. We don't have many red flags either....we are as simple as they can get, but the consulate sees something, and we don't know what yet. Good luck

I never thought or said just getting married would make anything go away..... Actually it is what I wanted to do in the first place because I am muslim and in Islam the is no such thing as engagment.... But he wanted to listen to the advice of his sister and brother and go for the K-1

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

I never thought or said just getting married would make anything go away..... Actually it is what I wanted to do in the first place because I am muslim and in Islam the is no such thing as engagment.... But he wanted to listen to the advice of his sister and brother and go for the K-1

There is no need to get defensive....I never said you said that, I was just stating a fact. That is all....please don't read my comments as anything but advice for you. I have been through a lot with immigration and Casablanca, so I feel I can speak a little on this topic. Having family in the US is a red flag. I am not sure what your other red flags are, I am just going by what you have stated. Best of luck in what you do....

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

It is possible that the fact you are black is suspect to them too. Traditionally, at least as far as Egypt is concerned you don't see that very often. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just making an observation. I think where most middle east countries are concerned, just about anything out of the ordinary is suspect.

Edited by Betsy El Sum

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

It is possible that the fact you are black is suspect to them too. Traditionally, at least as far as Egypt is concerned you don't see that very often. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just making an observation. I think where most middle east countries are concerned, just about anything out of the ordinary is suspect.

What is funny, is any type of "dating", or meeting girls online is out of the ordinary, but many couples get through, and many don't....there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason....and I never thought her race would have anything to do with it, but I guess it could be an issue....what BS if it is! uggghhh, how frustrating!

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

What is funny, is any type of "dating", or meeting girls online is out of the ordinary, but many couples get through, and many don't....there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason....and I never thought her race would have anything to do with it, but I guess it could be an issue....what BS if it is! uggghhh, how frustrating!

My fiance can't believe it would be a reason either... But it was one of the first things I thought of especially when his siblings married white nonmuslims and their stay was shorter than mine and the fact that their spouses had been married to each other in the past..... Really online dating is not so out of the ordinary anymore it is so common now I don't see why it is such an issue.... I really think I had 3 strikes against me to begin with.... 1 being black, 2 being female,3 being muslim..... And the situation with his brother snd sister I really don't think it help matters

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.