K and A

re issue of passport

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I have applied for a re-issue of new passport online. I have to go and submit my application in person next week.

How do I go about securing a PCC for the new passport? Do I have to wait until I get the new passport and then apply for the PCC through passport office or can I submit PCC form with details of my old passport? It hasn't expired yet, but I need a new one before my visa interview which will probably be in June.

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I applied for new passport because my old one was expiring soon. I have my interview in two weeks, which means that when I go for my interview my passport will be just 7-10 days old. Do I still need a PCC from passport office for the new passport ? Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nope in that case you do not need the Passport PCC, you might want to take the police PCC though.

I am not sure but had been hearing that they were going to go away with police pcc too, but not sure if that has happen yet or not.

So just to be on safer side take police pcc.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Mumbai consulate doesn't need police PCC for k1 anymore, just the passport PCC now.

Am in the same boat for my wife. Passport was re-issued recently under Tatkaal (fast scheme) for last name change and address change after marriage. I thought PCC would be issued same day, since it's a new passport. Took another appointment for PCC, but apparently police verification report is not available for passport office to issue PCC. So have to follow up with Police Commissioner's office.

Thumb rule is, if your passport is less than 6 months old, you only need PCC from passport office. If it's older than 6 months, you will also need local PCC issued from your city's Commissioner office.

Started with our son's CRBA application. Seeing how smoothly it went, we felt encouraged to start my wife's IV application process. There were multiple complications, I was working with a company in India. Did not exactly meet domicile requirements, since I did not own or lease a house in the US. My only US income to show was a savings bank account and a 401k account.

I-130

4/27/11 Appointment and submission of I-130 for wife at New Delhi Embassy, India. Request to forward case to Chennai consulate, India

5/16/11 Packet-4 recieved, interview scheduled for 6/14/11. Panic sets in, No Police Clearance yet, request to reschedule.

6/02/11 Receive reschedule letter by email. Interivew rescheduled to 7/21/11

7/09/11 Finally receive Police clearance in India after a lot of running about.

7/11/11 Phew! Received a job offer, just in time. That took care of my domicile and income requirement

7/18/11 Medical appointment at Apollo hospital Chennai. Really tense affair, the doctor was so rude and uptight that she made any Immigration officer in the US look like an angel.

7/21/11 Interview at Chennai consulate. After a couple of tense hours and an intimidating interview, asked to pay visa fees and submit passport.

CR-1

8/22/11 Entered USA with CR wife and our toddler son in tow, port of entry ORD. Wife handed CBP officer the IV packet and received I-551 stamp

ROC

5/29/13 Sent ROC application for wife to CSC

6/06/13 Check cashed

6/07/13 Received NOA1, dated 6/03/13

6/12/13 Received Biometric appointment, dated 6/28/13

10/07/13 Approval notice received, approved on 10/03/13 (approx 4.5 mths from filing)

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hello,

Hope you found a solution for your Problem with PCC for a new Re-issued Passport.

I am in the same boat. I got my new Passport Re-issued in just a day.

Problem is, its been 4 weeks I have applied for PCC at my local Passport Office.

I still haven't got it. Is it alright to go for the interview without a PCC and

tell the consular officer that I have applied showing the proof of PCC application.

I am worried if the PCC doesn't arrive by the time of my interview; which I am expecting to be next month.

My NOA2 from NVC was dated 7th of Sept. And said its Chennai Consulate issuing the case number.

Whats next?

Can you also tell me very briefly about how did your process went right from the beginning ?

Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.