Moi&Yulya

Proof of Ability To Support

34 posts in this topic

Why not get married there and do a DCF? That would pretty much guarantee you'll get to talk your way through it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

For?

Exactly. Is the lawyer going to be able to generate income for the OP? A lawyer will only eat up 2-3K of his 80k in savings. The I-134 is pretty straight forward.

On a lighter note, why on earth would you go to the FSU for surgery? :) Unless it is a specialized Western style hospital. I told Tanya if something happened to me and I couldn't speak please medivac my a** out there. Don't let them cut on me!!!

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

Exactly. Is the lawyer going to be able to generate income for the OP? A lawyer will only eat up 2-3K of his 80k in savings. The I-134 is pretty straight forward.

On a lighter note, why on earth would you go to the FSU for surgery? :) Unless it is a specialized Western style hospital. I told Tanya if something happened to me and I couldn't speak please medivac my a** out there. Don't let them cut on me!!!

I had the same thought but there are procedures they do there that they will not do in the US. In general I agree with you. Our hospital in Ukraine was terrible...they could make a WW1 movie there and change nothing. I heard there are some good hospitals there but haven't seen them.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Private hospitals in Ukraine (and I hear Russia) are generally very good. You pay a hefty premium (in Ukrainian terms anyway) to use them for just that reason.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

Private hospitals in Ukraine (and I hear Russia) are generally very good. You pay a hefty premium (in Ukrainian terms anyway) to use them for just that reason.

Proabably explains why all the Canadians run down to the private hospitals in the USA for treatment. Same thing I guess. Our private hosptials in Vermont have to build larger parking garages for all the cars from Quebec. Can you even imagine if we had a land border with Ukraine?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

For?

Well, the guy is uncertain about meeting the requirements. Might be better off if he speaks to people who handle these types of cases daily.

He could go through all of the steps, pay the fees and find it, its all a waste of time. Or they could tell him, he has nothing to worry about and cause him less stress worrying.

Timeline

Well, the guy is uncertain about meeting the requirements. Might be better off if he speaks to people who handle these types of cases daily.

He could go through all of the steps, pay the fees and find it, its all a waste of time. Or they could tell him, he has nothing to worry about and cause him less stress worrying.

I suggest he get the best price he can from an attorney and then let me give him the right answers for half price.

Lawyers do not "handle" anything on a daily basis. Their clerks fill in forms with information you give them and they read the same instructions you can read right here. There are no tricks, no schemes and no court appearances. You fill out some papers and present them. Lawyers do not go to interviews where income is precented and no one meets about it. Your fiancee presents the I-134 you give her, they take it in the back office, study everything and come out to ask her questions...almost never about finances

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

How do you know he is incapacitated?

If he is able to find this site, he is able to do it himself. It doesn't take much to sponsor someone on a K1. You don't have to be a genius to follow the guides and fill out some forms. He is obviously willing to ask questions and seek answers on a site where most of his questions can be answered. He knows he can and will find a job if needs be. Fortunately for him, he already has assets that exceed the minimum requirements, so he doesn't really need to worry about that as far as the first stage is concerned.

For a person in his situation, hiring a lawyer is throwing money away.

Not really sure why the issue continues to be discussed. He meets the requirements based on his assets. He needs to just file and be done with it. :)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

The guy is incapacitated and doesn't have any family. He might not be able to do the stuff himself.

What stuff? What could a lawyer do? stand at the copy machine and make copies of stuff "the guy" gives him? My offer stands. I will do it for half.

Gary And Alla

What stuff? What could a lawyer do? stand at the copy machine and make copies of stuff "the guy" gives him? My offer stands. I will do it for half.

Actually the lawyer pays a clerk to do that. If he's really lucky, he's got a law student intern working for free. :D

And Gary, I know you're joking, but if the OP or anyone else were to take you up on your offer, you should be very clear tha your "client" understands that you are not a lawyer, you are not practicing law, and that you are in no way, shape, or form providing legal advice. In fact, you might want to hire a lawyer :D to draw up a contract stating the same and absolving you of any damages that might arise if, for example, your client believes his petition was denied due to some error, omission, or act on your part. That's why lawyers get paid the big bucks--we incur a lot of liability.

Good Luck getting a malpractice suit on the immigration cases. :ot: It will cost you more to sue, than to just do it yourself! :lol: Lawyers, :P take risk yes, but rarely do they get disbared or sanctioned. :whistle:

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message.

:devil::rofl:

Lawyers, :P take risk yes, but rarely do they get disbared or sanctioned. :whistle:

Perhaps. But it's rarely the threat of being disbarred or sanctioned that sends chills down your average lawyer's spine. It's the cost of mounting a defense. You can literally win your case and lose your house.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.