wreath

cigarettes from vietnam

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

OP, now that you're about to get married, try quit smoking. Don't wait til cancer starts to develop. By then it might be too late. Tell your wife to be a spiritual motivator. Write to her and ask her instead of encouraging you poisoning yourself (offering sending you poison like right now), she should offer something else in return (wink, wink) each time you're able to cut down on the amount of cigarettes you usually smoke.

Now if she can do that for you, it's the wife everyone's dreaming of!

I don't normally agree with the tone of your posts, but I'm all for it this time. I used to smoke and it was a filthy habit. I used the gym as my motivator and I've been off without a single slip for almost 4 years now. That might have been a very good thing bc the wife told me she probably wouldn't have talked to me if I still smoke. But we're getting side-tracked from the original topic, perhaps us party poopers should stay out :P

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you travel by AIR - you are allowed 2 cartons.

If she sends them to you by shipping them (mail) you are allowed 10 cartons

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my wife wants to send me some cigarettes but i told her i dont know how she can but then i remembered at my old job there was a vietnamese man there sold vn cigarettes all the time. Is it ok for her to send me some for my own personal use or does anyone know how the guy i worked with was getting them here? she asked the post office and they said she can mail them but they dont know if i will get them

Thanks

I get those vietnamese Craven cigarette mailed to me every month for about 2 years now. There is a trick that you have to do so you don't have to pay tax. The first time my wife sent to me in a box of 12 carton. It took over a month to get to me because when it came the mail man had this duty form and duty fee that I have to pay in order to give me the cigarette. It was stuck at custom in New York. So my wife went to the buu dien (post office) and ask the person in charge there, she knew that person because she live in a small town. The person in charge at the post office said that it was over 2 kilo, that's why it was sent to New York first for collecting duty tax. So the person in charge said to mail only 6 carton in a box at a time, try to split them up day by day but only 6 carton in a box, that should be a bit under 2 kilo. I just got 12 carton last week, I know that is a lot of cigarette but it's because it's not only for me but for my dad and brother also. Everyone is trying to quit and only smokers know it's hard. I can send you some picture to get an idea on how it's packaged. Email me. Goodluck!!!

Edited by tvn0521

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-07-09

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-17

NVC Received : 2011-05-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-06-06

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-16

Return Completed DS-3032(emailed) : 2011-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-07-25

Interview Date : 2011-09-14

Interview Result : Passed/Pink

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my wife wants to send me some cigarettes but i told her i dont know how she can but then i remembered at my old job there was a vietnamese man there sold vn cigarettes all the time. Is it ok for her to send me some for my own personal use or does anyone know how the guy i worked with was getting them here? she asked the post office and they said she can mail them but they dont know if i will get them

Thanks

My wefe used to send me two cartons of cigarettes every few weeks, this was for my mother she sent about 10 in total. She will have to make sure they ave Vietnamese not American to send them out of the country. As long as she is only sending 2 at a time there should not be any problem as with my case. IF she sends tons then you might have to pay import tax in the US, but as I said my wife used to send them without any problems

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.