ralyse

Montreal Process Recap

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is great news SF2007 :-) How was your interview?

My interview went smoothly and great! It was painless and I wish I didn't worry so much. Both my fiance and I attended and we were out by 8:30. Only downside : my medical wasn't ready so I got a letter from Medisys instead and I will need to have it shipped to me then mail it to Montreal for processing. It will delay my visa issuance by about 2-3 weeks but back a month ago I thought I would be interviewing in July so... it's all good :)

They only asked me to provide the following :

- passport

- Packet 4 letter (which confirms you can book you appointment)

- birth certificate, a copy and it's translation

- Affidavit of support (i-134) and its supporting material

- Proof of payment

- letter of intent to marry from fiance

- medical packet

- police clearance

I received a FAQ sheet about K-1 visas and another sheet explaining how to complete my application (send in my medical) by mail.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

My interview went smoothly and great! It was painless and I wish I didn't worry so much. Both my fiance and I attended and we were out by 8:30. Only downside : my medical wasn't ready so I got a letter from Medisys instead and I will need to have it shipped to me then mail it to Montreal for processing. It will delay my visa issuance by about 2-3 weeks but back a month ago I thought I would be interviewing in July so... it's all good :)

They only asked me to provide the following :

- passport

- Packet 4 letter (which confirms you can book you appointment)

- birth certificate, a copy and it's translation

- Affidavit of support (i-134) and its supporting material

- Proof of payment

- letter of intent to marry from fiance

- medical packet

- police clearance

I received a FAQ sheet about K-1 visas and another sheet explaining how to complete my application (send in my medical) by mail.

K

Sorry to hear that your medical wasn't there :-( I hope that you can get it in quickly and they will process it right away. Did you have the medical just a few days before the interview?

I have everything that you listed there and a whole bunch more just in case they ask for more. I am going solo to the interview. So he won't be there if they ask for something more about him.

Thanks for the info :-)

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview went smoothly and great! It was painless and I wish I didn't worry so much.

Excellent! Glad to hear it!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

While we're fielding Packet 3 questions....we are working on filling it out now and doing the DS 156K. This form says, "the following documents must be attached in order to apply for a fiance nonimmigrant visa." It then lists out birth certificate, divorce certificate, evidence of engagement, evidence of financial support, etc....

My understanding was that you would bring all of that with you to the interview and not need to be included in packet 3. Is this correct?

Either way, what counts as evidence of engagement to the fiance?

While we're fielding Packet 3 questions....we are working on filling it out now and doing the DS 156K. This form says, "the following documents must be attached in order to apply for a fiance nonimmigrant visa." It then lists out birth certificate, divorce certificate, evidence of engagement, evidence of financial support, etc....

My understanding was that you would bring all of that with you to the interview and not need to be included in packet 3. Is this correct?

Either way, what counts as evidence of engagement to the fiance?

That is correct. Those documents will be brought with you to the interview.

A letter of intent from the petitioner (dated no more than a month before the interview) is sufficient evidence of engagement.

Timeline

Hi,

Quick question as I am also at the point of preparing packet 3. For the checklist for the Montreal Consulate, on the list is Evidence of Support I-864 form - do we also need to fill this out and bring to the interview?

Sorry if this has been answered before!

Timeline

Hi,

Quick question as I am also at the point of preparing packet 3. For the checklist for the Montreal Consulate, on the list is Evidence of Support I-864 form - do we also need to fill this out and bring to the interview?

Sorry if this has been answered before!

You need I-184 for AOS but not at this time. For Packet 3 the USC fiance needs to file and provide the supporting evidence for I-134 Affidavit of Support.

ROC completed April 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need I-184 for AOS but not at this time. For Packet 3 the USC fiance needs to file and provide the supporting evidence for I-134 Affidavit of Support.

Does the I-134 includes in the packet 3?

Timeline

Does the I-134 includes in the packet 3?

No actually, I-134 Affidavit of Support is required at the interview, not for Packet 3.

ROC completed April 2014

• 1 month later...

bump!

I can't find the link to the Montreal embassy instructions, the one that tells you where to stand on the elevator and the like? My laptop died and I had all the links bookmarked, this was one of them, so I'm bumping it again to the top for anyone currently at this stage with me! Ralyse, you must be getting totally psyched about your interview date, it's under a month now, right? (yeah yeah, stalking the KW filers!!!)

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

bump!

I can't find the link to the Montreal embassy instructions, the one that tells you where to stand on the elevator and the like? My laptop died and I had all the links bookmarked, this was one of them, so I'm bumping it again to the top for anyone currently at this stage with me! Ralyse, you must be getting totally psyched about your interview date, it's under a month now, right? (yeah yeah, stalking the KW filers!!!)

When you walk into the elevator, you will be facing another set of doors on the other side of it. Stand near those doors, because you won't be exiting out of the ones you entered from.

Timeline

when you enter the embassy you pass through a bag check and such.

You go through a door on the left of the room and down some stairs into a basement like room.

Far end there is an elevator you sit in the chairs and wait there until the guard comes down and calls you to go into the elevator.

When you go into the elevator it has TWO sets of doors the one you walk into and the one on the other side.

When you exit the elevator it is through the other doors across from you, not the ones you walked in through.

You enter the main waiting area lots of windows and seats. You spend most of your time sitting waiting there lol. There was vending machines and washrooms.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't forget that now you have a 5 month or so wait until you case is closed at NVC.

Thanks for all the input/reassurance! I'm glad I didn't have a complete logic fail on something, here. Just called NVC and got my Montreal case number and everything so it's hopefully moving nicely along :)

bump!

TOTALLY psyched. Just got back from a camping trip and will spend the next few days getting the documentation ready. It's coming so quickly!

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

when you enter the embassy you pass through a bag check and such.

You go through a door on the left of the room and down some stairs into a basement like room.

Far end there is an elevator you sit in the chairs and wait there until the guard comes down and calls you to go into the elevator.

When you go into the elevator it has TWO sets of doors the one you walk into and the one on the other side.

When you exit the elevator it is through the other doors across from you, not the ones you walked in through.

You enter the main waiting area lots of windows and seats. You spend most of your time sitting waiting there lol. There was vending machines and washrooms.

*Whistles* I just had a wave of nostalgia :P

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.