mcguiel

London Processing Times

25 posts in this topic

Classicmds: We filed on the 15 November and got an approval on 31 March: this was the last time they updated the website and I am anxious to get my case number now to move forward. I did email the embassy on the address that was on the NOA1 letter to ask about our petition the day before the approval and to my surprise they replied to me on the 31st March to say that they have posted my "decision" - so on the 31st March we got our approval in the post. May be you can try emailing them too and see if they reply. Yeah, it is very, very frustrating that we all expected to be finished with this process by now more or less and we are still stuck on the first stage:( I will post an update if I hear anything else, because they only indication of when something is happening we can see in these forums.

Edited by yanabel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Just to point out three things for everyone who is waiting on their cases, hope they help clarify a few things:

1) The help line is actually of no use to those still awaiting their NOA2. They cannot give you any updates on your I-130 petition as they are solely responsible for the visa part (i.e. the second part of the process). The best bet if you're waiting for the NOA2 is to email the USCIS London Field Office directly (their email address should be on your NOA1 email) and hope that they'll respond. They are the only ones who can give you an update on the first part of the process. The help line can be used for any subsequent queries after your I-130 has been approved.

2) The help line people do not have access to actual files, only to data they can retrieve from their computer systems. That means, even if there is an update on a case, if the Embassy employees delay to update the system (someone on the help line told me that once) the helpline people cannot give you information even if there is an update on your case, simply because they have no way of knowing about it. Lots of times you will find that getting the letter in the mail is quicker than getting an update through the helpline. This actually happened to me when I was waiting for my interview letter to arrive. I called the helpline and they said they had no information on an interview and advised me to call back after a week. To my surprise, that very evening I got home from work and found the interview letter waiting in my mailbox :P .

3) The help line people are not Embassy employees. They are a call center in Scotland contracted by the Embassy and are only trained to answer simple, general visa questions. This is why, if an enquiry is slightly more complicated, they will always give you the code and instruct you to email the Embassy/Immigrant Visa Unit directly.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Just to point out three things for everyone who is waiting on their cases, hope they help clarify a few things:

1) The help line is actually of no use to those still awaiting their NOA2. They cannot give you any updates on your I-130 petition as they are solely responsible for the visa part (i.e. the second part of the process). The best bet if you're waiting for the NOA2 is to email the USCIS London Field Office directly (their email address should be on your NOA1 email) and hope that they'll respond. They are the only ones who can give you an update on the first part of the process. The help line can be used for any subsequent queries after your I-130 has been approved.

2) The help line people do not have access to actual files, only to data they can retrieve from their computer systems. That means, even if there is an update on a case, if the Embassy employees delay to update the system (someone on the help line told me that once) the helpline people cannot give you information even if there is an update on your case, simply because they have no way of knowing about it. Lots of times you will find that getting the letter in the mail is quicker than getting an update through the helpline. This actually happened to me when I was waiting for my interview letter to arrive. I called the helpline and they said they had no information on an interview and advised me to call back after a week. To my surprise, that very evening I got home from work and found the interview letter waiting in my mailbox :P .

3) The help line people are not Embassy employees. They are a call center in Scotland contracted by the Embassy and are only trained to answer simple, general visa questions. This is why, if an enquiry is slightly more complicated, they will always give you the code and instruct you to email the Embassy/Immigrant Visa Unit directly.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Thanks for the info: does that mean that my only option to request my case number is to call the expensive helpline? I am very disappointed that I haven't received it yet, and it seems that other people a few days ahead of me got theirs within a week and some even got an interview date...:(

Timeline

Thanks for the info: does that mean that my only option to request my case number is to call the expensive helpline? I am very disappointed that I haven't received it yet, and it seems that other people a few days ahead of me got theirs within a week and some even got an interview date...:(

I'm afraid so, yes. But you may still get it in the post before they can give it to you over the phone, if their system hasn't been updated when you talk to them.

If that's of any help, my case number came in the mail 4 weeks + 2 days after I got the I-130 approval letter. But back when we filed a few months ago NOA2s would come through much faster, so case numbers would take their sweet time to arrive (4-5 weeks after NOA2 in most cases). It now seems that case numbers are being mailed out very soon after I-130 approvals, possibly to make up for delays in NOA2 processing, so if you're concerned that your case number is taking a long time, it may be worth trying the line.

Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical

My ROC journey:

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

My N-400 journey:

I'm afraid so, yes. But you may still get it in the post before they can give it to you over the phone, if their system hasn't been updated when you talk to them.

If that's of any help, my case number came in the mail 4 weeks + 2 days after I got the I-130 approval letter. But back when we filed a few months ago NOA2s would come through much faster, so case numbers would take their sweet time to arrive (4-5 weeks after NOA2 in most cases). It now seems that case numbers are being mailed out very soon after I-130 approvals, possibly to make up for delays in NOA2 processing, so if you're concerned that your case number is taking a long time, it may be worth trying the line.

Thanks Christi - ohh, I am trying to call the US number from work, because at least I am paying for it, but they don't accept my card and I need to get home to use my other card...they told me that they have my case number and can see it on their system...grr...I was so close!:)

Just wanted to say that I GOT IT today in the post after all - so my medical is booked for the 1st week of May, yay! (I wish it was earlier but they said this is the first available date) - they also moved the processing date to 18 Nov today - not a big progress, but still some progress

I was emailed on the 11th April to say my I-130 is going to be expedited and that they will make a "decision" last week. Does anyone know what the "decision" is exactly? I've not heard from them since :(

IR-1 Timeline (DCF London)

15th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London.

6th Apr 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.

11th Apr 2011 - Received email approving request.

12th May 2011 - I-130 approved.

2nd June 2011 - Received case number via email. Booked medical.

3rd June 2011 - Sent forms DS-230, DS-2001 & cover letter today.

8th June 2011 - Medical Exam (£273.00 for medical & MMR/Tetanus injection)

11th July 2011 - Visa interview at 8am.

14th July 2011 - Visa in hand.

23rd July 2011 - Uniting my family today in San Antonio <3

11th Aug 2011 - Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

22nd Aug 2011 - Received SSN

Timeline

I was emailed on the 11th April to say my I-130 is going to be expedited and that they will make a "decision" last week. Does anyone know what the "decision" is exactly? I've not heard from them since :(

Good luck!

It's nice that they've agreed to expedite but since it's Easter week, some staff may be away, so there may be some delay. Also keep in mind that the decision is going to come in the post (it's not going to be an email), which may add up to 5 working days to the process.

The decision will either be a straight approval or a request for further evidence (known as RFE for short) to be submitted before they can approve your petition.

In rare cases there is a rejection at this stage, but I realistically don't think you should worry about that - an approval (or an approval following an RFE) is the norm in 99% of cases.

Fingers crossed that you'll receive a straight approval and will be able to proceed to the next stage without further delays!

Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical

My ROC journey:

My N-400 journey:

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck!

It's nice that they've agreed to expedite but since it's Easter week, some staff may be away, so there may be some delay. Also keep in mind that the decision is going to come in the post (it's not going to be an email), which may add up to 5 working days to the process.

The decision will either be a straight approval or a request for further evidence (known as RFE for short) to be submitted before they can approve your petition.

In rare cases there is a rejection at this stage, but I realistically don't think you should worry about that - an approval (or an approval following an RFE) is the norm in 99% of cases.

Fingers crossed that you'll receive a straight approval and will be able to proceed to the next stage without further delays!

So much for them expediting it, I've not heard a peep from them since the 11th of April! They said they'd make a decision that week. How frustrating!

IR-1 Timeline (DCF London)

15th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London.

6th Apr 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.

11th Apr 2011 - Received email approving request.

12th May 2011 - I-130 approved.

2nd June 2011 - Received case number via email. Booked medical.

3rd June 2011 - Sent forms DS-230, DS-2001 & cover letter today.

8th June 2011 - Medical Exam (£273.00 for medical & MMR/Tetanus injection)

11th July 2011 - Visa interview at 8am.

14th July 2011 - Visa in hand.

23rd July 2011 - Uniting my family today in San Antonio <3

11th Aug 2011 - Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

22nd Aug 2011 - Received SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.