33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I don't think they'll do so, they don't have such a reputation...If your fiancee ever feels the need to communicate with either Sheeba or I, she can contact us by means of visajourney (PM etc)

Yap, I believe my dad's tax return will be ok... Ill get him two notarize two years just to be on the safe side.. As far as my tax return goes, ill send my 1099 and all the other papers that I mentioned before...thanks for your suport, ill let her know how you offer your support

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

GOOD LUCK GUYS !!!! :thumbs:

2006-06-30 I-129F sent to Nebraska

2006-07-08 NOA1 from California Service Center

2006-07-14 Touched

2006-09-18 NOA2(by email) Thank you God!!!

2006-09-19 Touched

2006-10-02 Left from the NVC to the embassy

2006-10-06 Embassy received the petition

2006-10-06 Got package 3

2006-10-13 Sent it back to the embassy

2006-10-24 INTERVIEW DATE

2006-10-24 I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006-10-31 Date of US entry

2006-11-18 Marriage

2006-11-28 Filed SSN form

2006-12-04 SSN in mail

2006-12-22 AOS,EAD,AP,sent to Chicago

2006-12-27 NOA1 from MSC

2007-01-18 Biometrics Columbus, OH

2007-01-05 Touched(I485,I765,I131)

2007-01-23 Touched(I485,I765)

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW DATE - CINCINNATI !!!!!!

2007-03-13 AP received

2007-03-15 EAD received

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!

2007-04-10 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

If your fiancee needs some help,let me know...Im from Bucharest. :)

2006-06-30 I-129F sent to Nebraska

2006-07-08 NOA1 from California Service Center

2006-07-14 Touched

2006-09-18 NOA2(by email) Thank you God!!!

2006-09-19 Touched

2006-10-02 Left from the NVC to the embassy

2006-10-06 Embassy received the petition

2006-10-06 Got package 3

2006-10-13 Sent it back to the embassy

2006-10-24 INTERVIEW DATE

2006-10-24 I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006-10-31 Date of US entry

2006-11-18 Marriage

2006-11-28 Filed SSN form

2006-12-04 SSN in mail

2006-12-22 AOS,EAD,AP,sent to Chicago

2006-12-27 NOA1 from MSC

2007-01-18 Biometrics Columbus, OH

2007-01-05 Touched(I485,I765,I131)

2007-01-23 Touched(I485,I765)

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW DATE - CINCINNATI !!!!!!

2007-03-13 AP received

2007-03-15 EAD received

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!

2007-04-10 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

sunt-ny, here's a link to a thread on the topic of the tax returns; it also tackles the problem of the belated filing of the income tax forms; maybe you can still clarify your situation before your fiancee attends the interview. You should still try to contact the US Embassy in Bucharest, if they haven't answered yet.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=30316&hl

I also wanted to ask you whether you attached the I-134 form and the supporting documents to the I-129F application. Did the adjudicators in Vermont have a chance to see your financial documents? If they did, it means that they found you offer enough guarantees that you will be able to support your fiancee once she enters the US by means of the K1 visa. It also means that the above-mentioned papers will reach Bucharest after the NVC phase. The consular officer in Bucharest I recently talked to told me that if my American fiance submitted the Affidavit and the Supporting Evidence together with the I-129F, they would find everything in the packet that NVC sends them and that, consequently, I would no longer have to take these things with me to the interview. At least, this is the answer in my case. I think you and your fiancee will feel much better when you get the Embassy's response. You'll know exactly what they expect from you.

Holy moly! As I lie here in bed my blackberry goes off and it is the embassy in romania answering my email... Here is what they wrote:Form OF-167 refers to the supporting documents.  You need to fill-out and Affidavit of Support Form I-134.  Please mail it to your fiancée together with a copy of your last Federal Income Tax Return and proof of current income (pay stubs or letter from your employer).  The I-134 must be signed by you and notarized by a public notary in the US....(End of email)

Ok, so I understand that I must file my taxes, even if I'm late.. A few things that I didn't mentiond in my email to the embassy. 1.that I'm self-employed.. 2. That I'm using a co-sponsor.. If I would have put these two varibles in my email maybe I would have got a difference response?? Well I believe I will be ok, I guess maybe I'm a little paranoid because I want to see my love so bad.. Let's put something into prespective for a moment... Let's say I had no job, no income and no savings... I'd have to use a co-sponor for sure right.. Well I do have a job, but I'm just lacking one thing which is a filled tax return, so I believe with one item of evidence that I'm missing, my co-sponor should help me avoid any problems with the embassy...Callina, thanks for the info, I read the post, but the post reffers to the I-864 affidavit of support which I believe is a little different in the requirements no?

Timeline

Oh, I guess you should have explained the whole context to the embassy representatives...Why don't you try phoning them? You could feel better...

If I've understood things well from the answers posted under the indicated thread (and the essence of I-134/I-864 is the same, its only the requirements of the various embassies that differ), you can add to the papers you've already gathered the 1099 form + an explanation as to why you haven't managed to file the income tax forms yet. I perfectly understand your state of mind as far as you and your fiancee getting reunited is concerned; we're all in the same boat; we all feel like we're going paranoid since we got into this process. But it's just because you want so much to be together that you should make sure they have no reasons to deny her visa. I'm not trying to induce more worries into your mind, I just want to help by telling you that you've got to make sure your papers are all right before your fiancee goes to the interview.

Timeline

sunt_ny, it's not a tragedy, it's not the end of the world that you haven't filed your 1099 yet; you'll certainly solve this aspect somehow sometime; you simply have to find out what you have to do in terms of your fiancee's k1 visa under the circumstances. This way both of you can be more confident about the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.