sunt_ny

US Embassy in Romania - I-134 1099 question

33 posts in this topic

For 2005 i have a 1099 from my employer (self-employed) which shows more than enough for poverty guidelines.

My question is will this suffice for showing evidence of income for supporting evidence?

I have not filed this 1099 yet..?, so technically it is not a (tax return)

In addition to this I have a letter from my employer, plus evidence of a $100,000+ commission that ill get in about a month for work i do.

I have my dad as a co-sponsor which has plenty of income. His tax return for last year was well above $120,000. Plus he has a letter from his bank and his employer..

Please let me know if this 1099 is ok?

On the I-134 must i fill in how much money I have in my bank account? Can i omit this?

thx in advance

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I recently wrote an e-mail to the American Embassy in Bucharest enquiring - on behalf of my American fiance - about the documents that need to accompany the I-134 form. There follows the answer I received:

1. Letter of employment (see the Affidavit form for more details about its coordinates) or pay stubs for the past six months/recent pay stubs;

2. A recent bank statement;

3. Tax returns for the most recent tax year (2005).

I recently wrote an e-mail to the American Embassy in Bucharest enquiring - on behalf of my American fiance - about the documents that need to accompany the I-134 form. There follows the answer I received:

1. Letter of employment (see the Affidavit form for more details about its coordinates) or pay stubs for the past six months/recent pay stubs;

2. A recent bank statement;

3. Tax returns for the most recent tax year (2005).

buna!

I did the email thing too, just waiting for a response...

I was wondering about 'tax return'. I'm self employed so I wanted to know if a 1099 will be good enough...?

thanks

I guess since Im using a co-sponsor, the more info I submit the better... I was just worried about the tax return things since technically a 1099 is not a tax return...

What part of romania are u from? From your post I believe you are the Benificiary?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Right! She is the beneficiary :-)

2006-06-30 I-129F sent to Nebraska

2006-07-08 NOA1 from California Service Center

2006-07-14 Touched

2006-09-18 NOA2(by email) Thank you God!!!

2006-09-19 Touched

2006-10-02 Left from the NVC to the embassy

2006-10-06 Embassy received the petition

2006-10-06 Got package 3

2006-10-13 Sent it back to the embassy

2006-10-24 INTERVIEW DATE

2006-10-24 I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006-10-31 Date of US entry

2006-11-18 Marriage

2006-11-28 Filed SSN form

2006-12-04 SSN in mail

2006-12-22 AOS,EAD,AP,sent to Chicago

2006-12-27 NOA1 from MSC

2007-01-18 Biometrics Columbus, OH

2007-01-05 Touched(I485,I765,I131)

2007-01-23 Touched(I485,I765)

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW DATE - CINCINNATI !!!!!!

2007-03-13 AP received

2007-03-15 EAD received

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!

2007-04-10 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

According to Section II (Supporting Evidence) of the I-134 form, if you are self-employed the only things you have to present the consular officers with are:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed;

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

Can you fulfil these requirements?

:D Yes, sheeba's right, I'm the beneficiary...I come from Iasi...northeastern Romania...a heavenly place.

According to Section II (Supporting Evidence) of the I-134 form, if you are self-employed the only things you have to present the consular officers with are:

1. Copy of income tax return filed - no because its a 1099, which must be filed to get a 'tax return'

2. Report of commercial rating - no because its not my company

:D Yes, sheeba's right, I'm the beneficiary...I come from Iasi...northeastern Romania...a heavenly place.

Iasi, my fiance has told me much about this place... friendly people and all

we didnt make it to Iasi on my last visit, but we plan to go there soon!!

Timeline

OK, then I think what you've already got should be enough...Maybe you're lucky and you get the Embassy's response in due time, they are usually very promt, very polite. If you feel you're running out of time, let things as they are. Encourage your fiancee to go to the interview, I'm sure everything will be all right.

OK, you should do so, you'll never regret traveling and spending time in Iasi...Maybe we should set up an Association or a Club of those American-Romanian young families...Sheeba, who's also Romanian, will certainly support me...If your fiancee is worried about the interview and would like to know more about the kind of questions, she should visit romportal.com, if she hasn't done it already. She'll find it very useful.

OK, then I think what you've already got should be enough...Maybe you're lucky and you get the Embassy's response in due time, they are usually very promt, very polite. If you feel you're running out of time, let things as they are. Encourage your fiancee to go to the interview, I'm sure everything will be all right.

OK, you should do so, you'll never regret traveling and spending time in Iasi...Maybe we should set up an Association or a Club of those American-Romanian young families...Sheeba, who's also Romanian, will certainly support me...If your fiancee is worried about the interview and would like to know more about the kind of questions, she should visit romportal.com, if she hasn't done it already. She'll find it very useful.

yeah that would be great.. a club to help us out!

i will give her romportal.com

thanks

I was trying to place two different posts...I don't know why they combined them...Where is your fiancee from? Which part of Romania, I mean?

she lives now in bucharest, but she is originally from baia-mare

Timeline

You know, I don't want us to overreact about these forms we have to take to the interview with us...but I hear they lay pretty much stress on the tax returns. If you have some free time, you could phone the Embassy and maybe you'd get the answer to the question that is bothering you sooner than if you had to wait for their e-mail. They've got the following contact details:

"American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit in the Consular Section

Telephone: (40 21) 200 3300

Fax (40 21) 200 3381"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.