doc4kids

is the CFO seminar a requirement?

5 posts in this topic

Iam a Filipina married to an American citizen, we will be migrating back to the US do i need to attend the CFO seminar? Is it a requirement? What will happen if I dont get a certficate?

Yes it is a requirement before you left manila, the immigration officer in NAIA will check everything docs you need before boarding the plane. Or else ....... they won't let you pass when you reached the immigration counter where you need to give your passport for checking at the airport. Will still tell you to cancel your flight and reschedule again until you got your CFO sticker attached to one page of your philippine passport.

Gudluck!

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Iam a Filipina married to an American citizen, we will be migrating back to the US do i need to attend the CFO seminar? Is it a requirement? What will happen if I dont get a certficate?

Yes it is a requirement before you left manila, the immigration officer in NAIA will check everything docs you need before boarding the plane. Or else ....... they won't let you pass when you reached the immigration counter where you need to give your passport for checking at the airport. Will still tell you to cancel your flight and reschedule again until you got your CFO sticker attached to one page of your philippine passport.

Gudluck!

yep, it is a requirement. They won't let you out of the country without it.

It is also a requirement now for those applying for passports.

The seminar is just for one day, better attend it rather than have problems later on.

Good luck!

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Greetings!

You are not allowed to board.

pasted from cfo page:

Guidance and Counseling Requirements and Schedules for

Filipino Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

Under DFA Department Orders No. 28-94 and No. 11-97, Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals are required to attend the guidance and counseling program as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports. The objective is to help the said clientele make informed decisions and prepare them for the realities of cross-cultural marriages.

The St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) and the People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc. (PRISM) conduct the guidance and counseling program to Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals.The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) issues the guidance and counseling certificate to clients who have satisfactorily completed the guidance and counseling requirements at SMEF-COW or PRISM.

CFO Guidance & Counseling Program Flowchart of Operations

Counseling Requirements for Filipino Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office (NSO), or Local Civil Registry Offices (LCRO); or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)

Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

After receipt of the passport and visa, the Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals will have to register with CFO prior to their departure. Registration is done either in CFO Manila or Cebu Extension Office, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. An emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrants passport as proof of registration.

Registration Requirements for Filipino Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

Original Passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound (except for K-visa holder) /Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound;

Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;

Duly completed emigrant registration form; and

Payment of the authorized registration fee.

Schedule of Guidance and Counseling Sessions in Metro Manila

North America

Destination Country Day Time

United States of America Monday to Friday 10:00 am

1:30 pm

3:30 pm

Filed: Timeline

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post regarding the CFO. All of your replies are very heplful. Thanks griffin for that extensive info about CFO certification and guidance counselling. Now I know that the CFO thing is VERY important.We will attend it before I leave. My husband and I bought our plane tickets already and we will be flying at the end of the month. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.