iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

For anyone else in Ap... this is our timeline so far.

I had my interview on June 22, 2016 at the Montreal Embassy. However, we had to send in the additional documents. (Affidavit of support) They received it on June 29th, 2016 and we've been in AP ever since.

On Friday August 5th, 2016, they changed our status to Ready (ready for interview at the Montreal Embassy blahblah) so hopefully that means they're issuing it soon?? :clock::idea:

We also sent them a letter a week ago just regarding the documents we sent in and they said it would take 10 weeks to respond (from the 3 business days in July) so I'm guessing they're a little backed up with emails.

Edited by cmcencroe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ISSUEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine has been issued. OmGoodness I haven't cried this much in my life. Tears of joy!!!! Hopefully the passport arrives ASAPP. This feels so good

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

Result- Approved but missing original birth certificate

June 7th- Mailed original birth certificate

June 8th- Offsite facility received original birth certificate

June 13th- Consulate received original birth certificate

June 29th- Requested for passport to travel

July 8th- Received passport

July 8th- (didnt need passport anymore) mailed it back to consulate

July 9th- Offsite facility received passport

July 13th- Consulate received passport

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 10th- Received tracking number at 2pm

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

August 25th- SSN came in the mail :D

October 16th, RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

Timeline

ISSUEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine has been issued. OmGoodness I haven't cried this much in my life. Tears of joy!!!! Hopefully the passport arrives ASAPP. This feels so good

CONGRATULATIONS MAVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy: SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

THANKS Idy :dancing::dancing::dancing:

CONGRATULATIONS MAVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy: SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

Timeline

Take every single original document you sent them....if you have an attorney, have him email you everything he sent them as well and go with the originals to the interview (this was the mistake that cost me an additional 8 weeks to get my visa....please don't make the same (very much avoidable) mistake i made.

Good luck.

I m new in this thread. My interview is on 20th September. Hopefully all goes well and easy

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

Take every single original document you sent them....if you have an attorney, have him email you everything he sent them as well and go with the originals to the interview (this was the mistake that cost me an additional 8 weeks to get my visa....please don't make the same (very much avoidable) mistake i made.

Good luck.

Thank you so much. And i get one more question, how to request for pick up for passport?

Timeline

sorry, i don't really understand your question...your passport should be with you and if everything goes well in the interview, they'll take it from you to process/put the visa in it and once thats done, they will mail the passport back to you.

Thank you so much. And i get one more question, how to request for pick up for passport?

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

sorry, i don't really understand your question...your passport should be with you and if everything goes well in the interview, they'll take it from you to process/put the visa in it and once thats done, they will mail the passport back to you.

Oh okay. I thought i have to pre pay to the currier service before i go to interview.

Timeline

ohh...You have to register here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

Oh okay. I thought i have to pre pay to the currier service before i go to interview.

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

ohh...You have to register here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

Ok thanks. I m going to do it today. And anything else do i need to know specifically to avoid any delay?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any recent reportings of how long it is taking for Montreal to ship their passport and visa back? Would it be faster if we change the delivery pick-up location to Montreal?

Our interview is September 7th.

Timeline

The only one i can think of is the one that caused me delays which is--- take all original documents that they've requested for you to bring. The interview itself (for me) was 10seconds long, he asked where my husband works and that was it.

Ok thanks. I m going to do it today. And anything else do i need to know specifically to avoid any delay?

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

My visa was issued on Tuesday, I got the tracking number on Wednesday at about 12pm, Thursday at 11am my passport was ready for pickup in Markham, Ontario.

Any recent reportings of how long it is taking for Montreal to ship their passport and visa back? Would it be faster if we change the delivery pick-up location to Montreal?

Edited by Mavin

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

Hi!!

Visa Issued Wed around 5pm, tracking info Thursday Morning, Package ready for Pick up Friday at 2pm

3 days in total.

Good luck at your interview :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.