iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sigh means it took 4 working days... If my process takes the same amount of time, I'll only hear back on Tuesday... meaning I'll miss my Monday flight... still hoping it'll come in tomorrow.

It's so weird you got your email at this hour... I wonder if people are still working an Canpar (loomis) then...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel so silly for believing the "you'll get it in time" spiel just because he sounded genuine. I feel so overwhelmed by everything because of this ridiculous time crunch I set myself...I haven't been able to see my fiancé in seven months. I just want to see him again. That's it.

Even some people got theirs issued on Canada Day...a closed work day...how does that work? I know I'm not alone in feeling this and I feel bad for complaining because well, I haven't been waiting three months but still. Would be lovely to have something work out instead of literally dreading every minute of every single day of that awful Administrative Processing status....

Sorry for ranting. I just feel like besides my fiancé this is all I have since nobody at home really gets it.

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

September 2015- Applied for AOS

September 30th- Biometrics Appointment

November 2015- Advanced Parole/ Employment Authorization Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We also had a holiday in between. You might get lucky and get it real soon.

And I was pretty surprised as well, I had given up all hope of getting it tonight. We had planned on shipping all of our goods out tomorrow night on one of our trucks, but needed to be at the POE with her passport and visa before the truck. I tried calling Loomis to get an ETA, but they were already closed...

Timeline

Don't apologize for ranting, I think a lot of us feel the same way.

I thought the process to bring your wife/fiancee back home with you would be a lot smoother and quicker, so we rented our condo out October 1st.

Little did I know it was going to be such a struggle. We've been crashing at the sister in laws for the last 9 months. It's pretty ridiculous what you have to go through to keep your family together....

I realize my situation is not as bad right now, but I sure do feel for you.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel so silly for believing the "you'll get it in time" spiel just because he sounded genuine. I feel so overwhelmed by everything because of this ridiculous time crunch I set myself...I haven't been able to see my fiancé in seven months. I just want to see him again. That's it.

Even some people got theirs issued on Canada Day...a closed work day...how does that work? I know I'm not alone in feeling this and I feel bad for complaining because well, I haven't been waiting three months but still. Would be lovely to have something work out instead of literally dreading every minute of every single day of that awful Administrative Processing status....

Sorry for ranting. I just feel like besides my fiancé this is all I have since nobody at home really gets it.

Don't feel bad for ranting. It really sucks having your life on hold for over 3 months.

I didn't realize it would stress me out so much... I had interviews for jobs a year ago, thinking I was almost moving... but because of documents and such I'm still here... Luckily they've kept in contact, but it's starting to become ridiculous...

Timeline

Don't apologize for ranting, I think a lot of us feel the same way.

I thought the process to bring your wife/fiancee back home with you would be a lot smoother and quicker, so we rented our condo out October 1st.

Little did I know it was going to be such a struggle. We've been crashing at the sister in laws for the last 9 months. It's pretty ridiculous what you have to go through to keep your family together....

I realize my situation is not as bad right now, but I sure do feel for you.

It really is awful. Like to be completely honest, I don't wish this feeling on anybody. I get awful anxiety with anticipation and it takes a physical and mental toll on me every day. If I get maybe 4-5 hours of sleep a night, that's like the best I can do.

I want to start living my life again. That's all I ever wanted, I'm pretty alone where I live and I only ever feel happy when I'm with my fiancé, now I sacrificed my happiness for seven months for this whole thing to work itself out and every added day is like torture.

Again, don't mean to bore everybody here with my life story but I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

Timeline

Believe me, I think a lot of us can relate. I myself haven't seen my fiancé since the start of March. That is no where near the time you've spent away, but I think we all can agree that any time away from the person you're about to marry is too long.

I think a lot of us are shocked at how genuine and sincere our interviewer sounds only to find out that what they said was a gross exaggeration at best and an outright lie at worst.

Never apologize for ranting on here. That is what this community is for. This sounds completely corny and such, but one thing that kind of keeps me going on this is obviously thinking about getting across the border to be with my one and only. The prize is near and this is all just a bad case of "last leg syndrome" (antsy because we are on the last leg to the finish line) that the consulate has given us.

The finish line can't come soon enough for the rest of us who are waiting, that is for sure.

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Timeline

Trenz is sooooo right that the officers at the consulate at the time of interview are SO nice that you would never thought the post experience can be this horrid. I am extremely surprised of the lack of communication, response from the embassy. I rant to my husband every second and this is about to hurt our relationship because I can't seem to focus on anything but refreshing that ceac page. The officer told me it would take couple of weeks and now it has been 5 weeks.

I completely understand your pain Danille and Jake. I am dying for the night to be over so I can check my status and hopefully see the "issued" status but that has only become a dream now. I hope our turn comes next week.

Timeline

Trenz is sooooo right that the officers at the consulate at the time of interview are SO nice that you would never thought the post experience can be this horrid. I am extremely surprised of the lack of communication, response from the embassy. I rant to my husband every second and this is about to hurt our relationship because I can't seem to focus on anything but refreshing that ceac page. The officer told me it would take couple of weeks and now it has been 5 weeks.

I completely understand your pain Danille and Jake. I am dying for the night to be over so I can check my status and hopefully see the "issued" status but that has only become a dream now. I hope our turn comes next week.

I'm the same way in the sense that all I do is check ceac and wish the nights away, one day hopefully soon it will all be worth it and I'll see the issued we've all be longing to see...

Timeline

I think it's the only thing you can do, keep your eye on the prize. I know my wife was getting very down at how long and how hard this process is, especially when all you want to do is get your life started.

But it will happen, and it will all be worth it, and one of these days you'll look back and laugh at all that happened.

Timeline

I'm exhausted by this. My fiancé and I started this process over a year ago and it seems, for whatever reason we are the last in our group to get anything. I was a part of the June 2014 filers group and I was the 3rd last to get my NOA2. People were getting married and I was still waiting. Once my interview came the interviewer was thrilled with how organized I was and how smooth the interview went. I've now lost out on a job offer that was going to be amazing for my new combined family. I'm just heartbroken by this =(

8/10/2015 - Married

9/15/2015 - Mailed AOS packages

9/16/2015 - USPS Tracking confirms delivery

Timeline

I think it's the only thing you can do, keep your eye on the prize. I know my wife was getting very down at how long and how hard this process is, especially when all you want to do is get your life started.

But it will happen, and it will all be worth it, and one of these days you'll look back and laugh at all that happened.

This whole thing has partially made me want to get into politics so I can fight for the injustice of the immigration system....but honestly when this is over, I'm just gonna spend my days trying to catch up on literally all the living I've been missing out on in this process.

I just want to ave nice conversations with my fiance again, we're both so frustrated by this it's hard to be positive even around each other.

Timeline

This whole thing has partially made me want to get into politics so I can fight for the injustice of the immigration system....but honestly when this is over, I'm just gonna spend my days trying to catch up on literally all the living I've been missing out on in this process.

I just want to ave nice conversations with my fiance again, we're both so frustrated by this it's hard to be positive even around each other.

I understand what you guys are saying. I know it is hard to keep that smile on your face when facing all of this. I think the strained and stressed filled talks are bound to come with the territory such as this. I know I am included in that camp as well.

You mention something I've thought long and hard about. Once I get established and settled (and this is all behind me) I really do think I am going to volunteer my time assisting other new immigrants or giving the modest help I can for those trying to immigrate. To think it is this hard for us, coming from Canada where acclimatizing to the US won't be a major hurdle, think of how hard it must be for those who come from countries so polar opposite to North America. Language, culture, customs - all extremely foreign for some in our shoes. I can only imagine how hard of a time that must be for them.

Suffice to say, I think we all could use some of that rest and catch up time with our loved ones. I think that is all what we want most right now.

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Timeline

I even looked for jobs on the consulate website....But this behaviour is sooo unexpectable and no human being should be treated this way honestly. Actually other embassies allow to call in and have someone to question rather than email inquiries at US Consulate in Montreal. We are all being honest, following proper process and yet there are million immigrants in the country who are being prioritized.

I think I will help future immigrants for sure after going through this experience if I EVER get the visa. I try not to think about it but it is almost impossible. I feel like I am leaving a fake life if I try to put a happy face or smile on. I hope god is hearing us and a miracle will come through for all of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.