iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, I had a great interview. Of course this would happen to me, why wouldn't it?...my timeline was too good to be true. Of course I'm gonna wait forever for my visa

I was just about to say, your timeline is really good...that's pretty fast!!

what time was your interview? we had it on the same day! well, I had to stand outside, and wait for the results...

Timeline

To the best of my knowledge, everyone still actively waiting on this thread had a flawless interview (myself included) and did not require any further documentation to be sent. This is what puzzles myself and others as there has been no logical reason given as to why our applications are taking inordinate amounts of time while others are approved and sent in under a week. I myself have been waiting since my interview on May 14th without so much as a request for further documents or reason from the consulate for the hold up.

Heck, my fiancé took to social media and actually had it confirmed from the consulate in Montreal that the backog of non-immigrant visas is now gone. That can only mean at this point our applications are being held up for other reasons not being shared with us.

Hi Trenz,

Have you emailed the consulate? Gotten any response? That is so odd. Mine was May 27th but I had a missing document. However a month is ridiculous. We are the unlucky bunch.

Timeline

To the best of my knowledge, everyone still actively waiting on this thread had a flawless interview (myself included) and did not require any further documentation to be sent. This is what puzzles myself and others as there has been no logical reason given as to why our applications are taking inordinate amounts of time while others are approved and sent in under a week. I myself have been waiting since my interview on May 14th without so much as a request for further documents or reason from the consulate for the hold up.

Heck, my fiancé took to social media and actually had it confirmed from the consulate in Montreal that the backog of non-immigrant visas is now gone. That can only mean at this point our applications are being held up for other reasons not being shared with us.

Holy s***, since May 14th?? something is definitely not right with that.

I'll definitely try and keep our timeline updated if we hear anything back, my wife tried calling Loomis this morning but they don't show anything under our name.

their website definitely updated on 06/26 saying that they were working on clearing the backlog for both non and immigrant visas, and were anticipating that they will be able to print the majority of them this week, so who knows....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Trenz,

Have you emailed the consulate? Gotten any response? That is so odd. Mine was May 27th but I had a missing document. However a month is ridiculous. We are the unlucky bunch.

Yup. I have emailed the consulate twice and received the same automated response that my file was with a consular official and was being reviewed and would be notified of any updates. I sent another email today to make an inquiry but have not received a response back yet. If I learn of anything I will be sure to share.

This is what puzzles me the most. If I had to send further documentation then I could completely understand the wait. Given that I had all the required documents and then some I really have no clue as to what they are waiting on.

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Timeline

Holy s***, since May 14th?? something is definitely not right with that.

I'll definitely try and keep our timeline updated if we hear anything back, my wife tried calling Loomis this morning but they don't show anything under our name.

their website definitely updated on 06/26 saying that they were working on clearing the backlog for both non and immigrant visas, and were anticipating that they will be able to print the majority of them this week, so who knows....

Oh believe me, I know since May 14th indicates there is something amiss and I have no idea what. Perhaps they just singled me out as some sort of quality control where I am given greater scrutiny?

The latest update was on 6/29 in regards to the system downtime (http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html) where they stated all systems were back up and running. I myself have received confirmation from the consulate that all non-immigrant visas held in the backlog are now officially clear. It appears as though my visa hold up is for another reason other than the system downtime.

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Timeline

Hmmm that is really odd. Wonder if a congress person could assist you. I once told my husband this week to drive to Montreal and walk into the consulate as a citizen and ask WTH is going on. This is just too unfair to get same standard response that doesn't mean anything.

There are other people who were required additional documents and have gotten approval so I have no clue what's wrong with us.

Keep your fingers crossed. I am trying so hard to not just give up on this thing. I have so much hanging on this thing (job, home, relationship, cost) but everyday has been a disappointment.

Timeline

Oh believe me, I know since May 14th indicates there is something amiss and I have no idea what. Perhaps they just singled me out as some sort of quality control where I am given greater scrutiny?

The latest update was on 6/29 in regards to the system downtime (http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html) where they stated all systems were back up and running. I myself have received confirmation from the consulate that all non-immigrant visas held in the backlog are now officially clear. It appears as though my visa hold up is for another reason other than the system downtime.

Even if they did, I can't see it taking THAT long to process everything.... that's just an insane amount of time.

They really don't make it easy on people, you're supposed to be able to relax after the interview is complete, not sit and worry for days/weeks/months to receive your paperwork...

I don't quite understand how some people receive their passports next day, and some, like yourself, are still waiting. Nor do I understand why they don't make it easier to track the progress...

Wish I could do more than just cross my fingers for ya

Timeline

Hmmm that is really odd. Wonder if a congress person could assist you. I once told my husband this week to drive to Montreal and walk into the consulate as a citizen and ask WTH is going on. This is just too unfair to get same standard response that doesn't mean anything.

There are other people who were required additional documents and have gotten approval so I have no clue what's wrong with us.

Keep your fingers crossed. I am trying so hard to not just give up on this thing. I have so much hanging on this thing (job, home, relationship, cost) but everyday has been a disappointment.

All good points! My fiance and I have already gotten our senator's office involved with our case. Alas, he too received a canned/automated response from the consulate about the system downtime (despite my case having nothing to do with it). I am going to try again through his office to make contact again as there is no excuse this time with a backlog or system downtime.

Even if they did, I can't see it taking THAT long to process everything.... that's just an insane amount of time.

They really don't make it easy on people, you're supposed to be able to relax after the interview is complete, not sit and worry for days/weeks/months to receive your paperwork...

I don't quite understand how some people receive their passports next day, and some, like yourself, are still waiting. Nor do I understand why they don't make it easier to track the progress...

Wish I could do more than just cross my fingers for ya

I agree wholeheartedly! The real kicker is I haven't been waiting the longest in this thread either. Another member has waited 4 weeks longer than myself if you can believe that. Today marks week 7 for me. It's disgusting in so many ways. I can't even go and be with my fiance during this time as they of course have my passport.

Thanks for the well wishes nonetheless! I always appreciate it :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I interviewed June 8th, and got back my passport after I found out about the visa issues so that I could make a wedding. Got my passport June 17th, returned it to courier June 23, got delivered June 25th. Since all mail goes through security checks the embassy said they still didn't have my passport on the morning of June 30th, status was still at 'ready'. July 1 morning my status was 'issued'. Weird part is that the paragraph says

'Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.'

instead of

'Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.'

I'm assuming it's because they haven't printed it yet, but already approved everything.

Sounds like they batch process the passports since a bunch of us all had our passports 'issued' on the same date. I'm hoping they mailed it out tonight since they're on vacation tomorrow and just didnt update the database for the paragraph to say printed.

Have flight scheduled Monday... I hope I can make it...

Let me know if you get your waybill#

June 8th -interview (approved)

June 17th - got passport back to attend a wedding

June 23- dropped passport off at loomis

June 24- (holiday Loomis closed)

June 25 -Loomis delivered passport

June 30th -embassy still does not have passport (meaning it is still going through security processing)

July 1 -status changed to issued

Timeline

Well, low and behold I received our Loomis email a few minutes ago. Apparently, our passport was dropped off at the Lachine location tonight, and is headed over to us.

I wish everyone the best of luck with everything, I'll let you know when it actually arrives.

Filed: Timeline

most of us who got ISSUED have that message. I hope it's normal

Well, low and behold I received our Loomis email a few minutes ago. Apparently, our passport was dropped off at the Lachine location tonight, and is headed over to us.

I wish everyone the best of luck with everything, I'll let you know when it actually arrives.

really??? I dont have the email yet :(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

When did your status change to issued?

I'm crossing my fingers.... I'm so silly I picked Drummondville instead of Lachine, and will have to drive an extra 30mins. I hope they're just as efficient as Lachine...

Timeline

It changed to ISSUED on the 26th,but right underneath said that it was still under administrative processing.

It switched on Monday saying I should receive it in 5 days or so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.