jaygregory

visa from courier

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just an FYI, I don't know where you're flying to, but Kuwait Airlines does a single from LHR to JFK for £280 and a return (the return is in like September) for £260 with Flight Centre.

I've flown Kuwait before, they're pretty good, the food is nicer than usual Airline food, but they're a dry airline and weren't particularly punctual.

Start of relationship

??/07/2008 - A random Skype message came through to me from an American girl

14/02/2009 - After months of talking, the American girl flew over to me - I knew we were meant to be

18/08/2009 - I proposed to her on Brighton Beach, UK

K1 Journey

15/07/2010 - We finally put in the i129f application - after shortly considering me going there on VWP, marrying and trying to Adjust Status, but was too risky

03/01/2011 - NOA2 on the day Dawn returned to NY after spending Christmas with me

10/02/2011 - I visited NY for 3 weeks (let this hold up the K1 process)

28/02/2011 - Medical

29/03/2011 - K1 Interview at London Embassy - Visa granted!

01/04/2011 - Visa in hand

Next Stage

03/05/2011 - POE in JFK - can't wait!

04/06/2011 - Our Wedding Day :)

Timeline

Just an FYI, I don't know where you're flying to, but Kuwait Airlines does a single from LHR to JFK for £280 and a return (the return is in like September) for £260 with Flight Centre.

I've flown Kuwait before, they're pretty good, the food is nicer than usual Airline food, but they're a dry airline and weren't particularly punctual.

oh thats amazing news....thank you so much for that...il certainly check that out...right now

Filed: Timeline

It has been 13 working days since I sent my passport to the embassy. I emailed them today and they said that it is still being looked at by a Consular Officer and if I want my passport back then I should let them know. I am thinking of emailing them back and saying "yes please back my passport ... with my visa!!"

Frustrating to wait, really was hoping that I would get it this week.

Timeline

My Passport and Visa just arrived at work - 3 working days after my interview.

The brown envelope is pretty big, I'm gonna need a bigger carry on bag!

Start of relationship

14/02/2009 - After months of talking, the American girl flew over to me - I knew we were meant to be

K1 Journey

15/07/2010 - We finally put in the i129f application - after shortly considering me going there on VWP, marrying and trying to Adjust Status, but was too risky

03/01/2011 - NOA2 on the day Dawn returned to NY after spending Christmas with me

28/02/2011 - Medical

Next Stage

My Passport and Visa just arrived at work - 3 working days after my interview.

The brown envelope is pretty big, I'm gonna need a bigger carry on bag!

Hope they keep up the quick turn around. Wow, is the envelope that huge?

Good luck for the rest of your journey :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

It's wide and long enough to not fit into my rucksack that I was planning on using...

Also the visa has one of the US sized photographs that you gave them and is pasted onto one of the pages, I didn't really know what to expect, but it's pretty cool.

I managed to book my one way flight yesterday too so I am 32 days from leaving the UK!

Good luck to you too :)

Start of relationship

K1 Journey

28/02/2011 - Medical

Next Stage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.