Lizz&Mohamed

UPDATE-RETURN CR-1 FROM CAIRO EMBASSY

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd update you all on our returned CR1 from Cairo Embassy. USCIS - California Service Center has been in receipt of our case for almost 1year and just this past Thursday, 2 Homeland Officers came to my place of employment and interviewed me for about 35minutes.

First and foremost, they alleged our case was just assigned to them 2days prior by USCIS and were asked to investigate the legitimacy of our marriage. They began by stating that their sole function is to protect the American Citizen as well as the country. Like I said the interview was about 35 minutes. They asked me how my trips to Egypt were funded and asked me to submit proof that I in fact was the one to pay for both trips to Egypt. I did that Friday but before emailing the documentation, 1 of the officers called me early that morning to ask me to submit the documentation so that he could type his report right away. I asked him his opinion and what his report will entail and his reponse was that they only report facts. Homeland Security does not recommend or deny visas but I asked him for his opinion and he responded that my husband and I show a strong relationship/marriage and that most likely our case will be returned to the Embassy for a possible 2nd Interview and/or my husband's Visa. I asked him if our case is returned back to the Embassy will it have to go thru NVC again? He responded by stating that he was not 100% certain but assumes that it would have to go thru NVC so that they can log our case, in order to track it but said he will confirm that for me and get back to me. He also stated that once his report is typed, he will turn it over to USCIS for their processing. USCIS, will then send me correspondence either letting me know that they are "re-affirming" our petition or "intent to revoke", at which point - I will be given about 30days to submit new evidence to challenge their decision. I will add, that during their interview, they had a thick file on our case and I also told them that I was in possession at work of a wire basket full of updated evidence that I would love to hand over to them & they laughed a little and said that was not necessary because what they had on us (and they tapped on our thick file) was plenty of evidence. =)

I feel the interview went very well due to my being forthcoming/honest about everything they asked me and "Insha Allah" (God willing), we will hear from USCIS. The only thing I fear, that because USCIS has either been so backed up and slow in processing cases that it will not be another 6months (pushing our case to a year and a half) before we get any news from them. The officers did tell me tha they noticed that my Congresswoman's office was involved in our case and asked me why. I was honest with them & told them that I only did so when I was not being given any info on our case and the horrible delay from USCIS. And it could be because the last contact my Congresswoman made to USCIS was at the beginning of this month, asking them why my case has not been touched/processed in almost a year. =) So, if USCIS delays it any further, I will make sure I contact my Congresswoman's office again.

I hope this offers anyone in the same situation as mine some hope. The officers were nice throughout the interview and never try to intimidate me.

Lizz&Mohamed

Edited by Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

Wow, i am wondering what do they mean by ( what we have on you was plenty of evidence ), do they mean evidence that you sent them or evidence to make them investigate your case more thoroughly

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Wow, i am wondering what do they mean by ( what we have on you was plenty of evidence ), do they mean evidence that you sent them or evidence to make them investigate your case more thoroughly

LOL....I know what you mean. What they had was all the evidence I had submitted on 2 seperate times. They included chat logs, cell/mobile logs, pics, proof of gifts we sent each other, etc.

My worry now is how much more time before USCIS lets us know anything and of course when the Cairo Embassy will open and start processing visas again. Ya Rab! Hopefully not much longer. Insha Allah.

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

LOL....I know what you mean. What they had was all the evidence I had submitted on 2 seperate times. They included chat logs, cell/mobile logs, pics, proof of gifts we sent each other, etc.

My worry now is how much more time before USCIS lets us know anything and of course when the Cairo Embassy will open and start processing visas again. Ya Rab! Hopefully not much longer. Insha Allah.

Lizz&Mohamed

Inshallah they will open the embassy soon but after all the evidence that you sent they still interviewed you in the US which does not happen usually and want your husband i assume to have another interview in Cairo, what's all that for ?

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Inshallah they will open the embassy soon but after all the evidence that you sent they still interviewed you in the US which does not happen usually and want your husband i assume to have another interview in Cairo, what's all that for ?

We do have an age difference and because the Consular Officer alleged that he answered 3 questions wrong about me...so she returned the case back to USCIS (to the states) for further review. I think, she just assumed our marriage maybe fradulent. His English is limited and I think, she used this to ask him the questions so fast and with words that maybe he did not understand. I know how what they do to try to confused the person being interviewed. I was not with him in the first interview and the Homeland Security Officers told me, I should be with him next time. Insha Allah - it will be soon.

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

We do have an age difference and because the Consular Officer alleged that he answered 3 questions wrong about me...so she returned the case back to USCIS (to the states) for further review. I think, she just assumed our marriage maybe fradulent. His English is limited and I think, she used this to ask him the questions so fast and with words that maybe he did not understand. I know how what they do to try to confused the person being interviewed. I was not with him in the first interview and the Homeland Security Officers told me, I should be with him next time. Insha Allah - it will be soon.

Lizz&Mohamed

My husband flat out denied that the Consular Officer asked him one of the questions she is saying he got wrong and she alleged that he did not even know my birthday - which is a lie!!! He did give it to her in the Egyptian format but so what?! If you ask me, I just think she did not want to approve his visa that day. My husband told me there were couples there, who he said their wives look so old and they got their visas approved that same day.

Timeline

Lizz&Mohamed

I wish you luck in the next interview inshallah

I had an interview date but it was cancelled due to the situation in Egypt but the consulate said that they will reschedule interviews soon, i am pretty good at speaking English, i don't think i will have a problem with understanding the questions and i know a lot about my wife too, so wish me luck in my interview :D

us-eg.gif

Timeline

My husband flat out denied that the Consular Officer asked him one of the questions she is saying he got wrong and she alleged that he did not even know my birthday - which is a lie!!! He did give it to her in the Egyptian format but so what?! If you ask me, I just think she did not want to approve his visa that day. My husband told me there were couples there, who he said their wives look so old and they got their visas approved that same day.

Yes we use different format when we write dates but when you say it, it would be the same cause you will have to say the name of the month, how did he do it wrong

us-eg.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.