EAbbas

Tips to prevent AP if possible

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can anyone share with us any tips and advice to keep from getting AP in Islamabad embassy? I'm sure some of it will be due to things other than our control but I wondered if you could help us with the things we CAN control...

thanks in advance

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Can anyone share with us any tips and advice to keep from getting AP in Islamabad embassy? I'm sure some of it will be due to things other than our control but I wondered if you could help us with the things we CAN control...

thanks in advance

There are several reasons people are placed on AP. I think for most applicants especially those who haven't spent a long time at USCIS usually go through AP. In my experience, even though I had traveled internationally on many occasions and the embassy noted down all my previous passport numbers, I too was placed on AP, it lasted about 2 months but I was surprised that happened. While on our part we can provide all the documents and information they ask for, you never know what they have already decided. Men in particular are placed on AP usually longer than women applicants. So go prepared, hand in all necessary documents and pray for the best.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

There are several reasons people are placed on AP. I think for most applicants especially those who haven't spent a long time at USCIS usually go through AP. In my experience, even though I had traveled internationally on many occasions and the embassy noted down all my previous passport numbers, I too was placed on AP, it lasted about 2 months but I was surprised that happened. While on our part we can provide all the documents and information they ask for, you never know what they have already decided. Men in particular are placed on AP usually longer than women applicants. So go prepared, hand in all necessary documents and pray for the best.

thank you as always :) If he is put on AP I definitely dont want it to be due to something WE could have prevented in the first place...I would rather it be due to the typical embassy reasons ....we are prepared for AP as it seems all men from pakistan with rare exceptions are placed...and pray he moves quickly thru...

We will plan for anything to happen of cos...but plan to be well prepared for the interview letting the embassy do their job.

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thank you as always :) If he is put on AP I definitely dont want it to be due to something WE could have prevented in the first place...I would rather it be due to the typical embassy reasons ....we are prepared for AP as it seems all men from pakistan with rare exceptions are placed...and pray he moves quickly thru...

We will plan for anything to happen of cos...but plan to be well prepared for the interview letting the embassy do their job.

Right.. Its good that you are ready to be placed in AP... we were too when my wife had interview back in november 2010. but she got her visa in 4 days after interview.

Since this interview is for Male /Pakistani i would also suspect he would go thru some kinda AP.. just pray that its short one.

and as far as you can do.. i would say have everything during interview, even though you submitted them to NVC... ** I remember pakis guy at embassy said they never got out IV visa fee, and i had proof printed when i submitted the fee and when it cleared, so he wanted to see that and than he was OK with it. i dont know what would have happened if i didnt have that proof. so have everything needed and also not needed stuff with you @ interview. and relax its quite simple interview and IO's are 99% friendly and nice.

good luck.

Timeline

Right.. Its good that you are ready to be placed in AP... we were too when my wife had interview back in november 2010. but she got her visa in 4 days after interview.

Since this interview is for Male /Pakistani i would also suspect he would go thru some kinda AP.. just pray that its short one.

and as far as you can do.. i would say have everything during interview, even though you submitted them to NVC... ** I remember pakis guy at embassy said they never got out IV visa fee, and i had proof printed when i submitted the fee and when it cleared, so he wanted to see that and than he was OK with it. i dont know what would have happened if i didnt have that proof. so have everything needed and also not needed stuff with you @ interview. and relax its quite simple interview and IO's are 99% friendly and nice.

good luck.

thanks!!! I also read somewhere that you needed to bring proof of fees paid...otherwise risk having to either pay again or be denied...and yeah we are planning on taking anything that may help prove our relationship and we keep looking at all the questions ppl are asked...some are asked only few and some have quite a bit more questions to ask...and ive read that simply short concise answers are best...I'm sure he too will be placed in AP at least a few weeks or couple of months but ill be happly surprised if its much shorter or none at all :)

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes! Please be mentally prepared as I was. My husband's interview was last month and he's been in AP since then :( CO asked about 20 questions and wanted him to submit a new birth certificate. What a disaster! Anyways... we submitted the new docs and now it's just a waiting game. I wish you guys all the best...

Timeline

Yes! Please be mentally prepared as I was. My husband's interview was last month and he's been in AP since then :( CO asked about 20 questions and wanted him to submit a new birth certificate. What a disaster! Anyways... we submitted the new docs and now it's just a waiting game. I wish you guys all the best...

What was wrong with the birth cert you submitted? My husband has an english birth certificate (his original) from KMC but has taken it to get a NADRA certified birth certificate and copies as he did with our marriage certificate...

n thanks...i wish u the best as well...and do let me know about his questions as well...we just have no clue as to what they will ask...we are trying to prepare for ANYTHING N EVERYTHING!!!!

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

What was wrong with the birth cert you submitted? My husband has an english birth certificate (his original) from KMC but has taken it to get a NADRA certified birth certificate and copies as he did with our marriage certificate...

n thanks...i wish u the best as well...and do let me know about his questions as well...we just have no clue as to what they will ask...we are trying to prepare for ANYTHING N EVERYTHING!!!!

I am getting ready to fly out for wife's interview end of March. Here are the things I am taking with me for her.

Recent tax docs,

trips we took together and pictures since submitting the 130.

Phone records,

financial support - money transfer documents.

copy of the packet I had sent to NVC and with 130.

Proof of paid fee to NVC.

Anything else ? Anything I am missing. Also if someone can share their recent questions at the interview I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey there, yeah, he had the old one from KMC and was just in a pretty pathetic shape(it was from the 70's) so asked for the one from NADRA. Took him about a week to get it. Questions were very standard. Tell your hubby to take lots and lots of pics. CO will def ask for em. She looked and studied each and every pic. Asked about our honeymoon, family, our wedding ceremony, questions regarding my job, city I live in, how often we talk on the phone, how we met, was it arrange or LOVE etc etc. Let me know how the interview went and i'll keep you posted as well :) AP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Caliguy..,don't forget to take your recent tax returns and all your AOS docs. CO checked ours as well. Wish you the best.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:thumbs:

Hey there, yeah, he had the old one from KMC and was just in a pretty pathetic shape(it was from the 70's) so asked for the one from NADRA. Took him about a week to get it. Questions were very standard. Tell your hubby to take lots and lots of pics. CO will def ask for em. She looked and studied each and every pic. Asked about our honeymoon, family, our wedding ceremony, questions regarding my job, city I live in, how often we talk on the phone, how we met, was it arrange or LOVE etc etc. Let me know how the interview went and i'll keep you posted as well :) AP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Caliguy..,don't forget to take your recent tax returns and all your AOS docs. CO checked ours as well. Wish you the best.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OP, my prayers goes out to you for your hubby`s interview I wish him lots of luck and hopefully he wont have to deal with AP for a very long time. With the situation that`s currently going on in Pakistan its a pretty much guaranteed process to get a AP. Seems like i`ll have to brace myself with the AP game. Btw Is it true that a female usually waits less than a male? if that`s the case hopefully we will have the same luck

Timeline

OP, my prayers goes out to you for your hubby`s interview I wish him lots of luck and hopefully he wont have to deal with AP for a very long time. With the situation that`s currently going on in Pakistan its a pretty much guaranteed process to get a AP. Seems like i`ll have to brace myself with the AP game. Btw Is it true that a female usually waits less than a male? if that`s the case hopefully we will have the same luck

Thanks so much!! I prob won't sleep much Tuesday night bcos his interview begins at 11pm my time LOL I think the situation totally depends on more than just one thing...soo many things are taken into consideration and whether or not the intending immigrant has a "hit" on their name in their database of suspects. Most women dont go thru AP there have been a few i've seen over the last year tho....but hopefully she won't and I pray my husband wont have to go thru AP long.... :) inshALLAh they will be with us soon!

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.