PATOS

US Embassy phone # in Manila?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Jasman, others.... do you have a phone # to the Embassy in Manila (and any number punching shortcuts to hit) so I could talk with a live person there and not a machine?

My fiancee left the PHIL Jan 20th & lives in Canada now. Our file was at NVC this past Monday & they said wait until Tue to make the request for Embassy change to Vancouver. Called Tue, they said fax a request. Called Wed to check on it they said we dont have it but fax another attn PI SuperVisor Sue 2nd request. Called Thursday and they said too late its gone to Manila. :blink:

I dont have any idea how long this will delay matters. I am skeptical but hope that I can get in touch with someone at the Embassy in Manila who will actually get up from their chair and walk the 10 or 15 steps to make the note on the file so it can be turned right around to the Vancouver Canada Embassy.

I suspect our file will go in the que in Manila and sit for 4-6 months until they send the packet out only to discover she doesnt live there anymore. Then it will take another 2 or 3 weeks to get to Vancouver where we have to get in the que there for another 2 or 3 month wait for them to mail out the packet to her in Edmonton.

Oct. 22, 2005 >> Mailed I-129F to TSC

Nov. 4, 2005 >> I-129F forwarded from TSC to CSC

Nov. 10, 2005 >> NOA1 Received from Laguna Niguel, CA Office

Feb. 2, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received via Email

Feb. 6, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received (Paper Copy) USPS

Feb. 13, 2006 >> File arrived at NVC

Feb. 14, 2006 >> Faxed NVC to request change of Embassy for my fiancee as she moved from the Philippines to Canada Jan 20 2006

Feb. 15, 2006 >> NVC had me fax a 2nd request for Req of Change of Embassy.

Feb. 16, 2006 >> Called to ck on 2nd fax request, too late, file sent to US Embassy in Manila.

Feb. 21, 2006 >> Called US Embassy in Manila to ask for Req for change of Embassy to Vancouver. The representative said it shows the request already made. (Evidently from the NVC or Vancouver)

April 3, 2006 >> Received call from Vancouver US Consulate informing me that my fiancee needed to fax them a copy of her Canadian work permit, our case #, current address and phone #. Fiancee faxed requested documents that same day.

April 20, 2006 >> Packet 3 rec'd from Vancouver US Consulate.

April 24, 2006 >> Fiance' faxed DS-230 to Vancouver US Consulate

April 24, 2006 >> I scheduled medical examination for my fiance' for May 1, 2006 $220 Canadian.

Try (632) 528-6300 and the select the option that you know the extension you want. When it asks for the extention use 5184 or 5185. I would normally call at about 8:00am Manila time and get right through.

Good luck :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Jas. I have had no luck tonight but I will try at 7pm tomorrow if I dont get thru in a few more tries before zzzzzz time.

Oct. 22, 2005 >> Mailed I-129F to TSC

Nov. 4, 2005 >> I-129F forwarded from TSC to CSC

Nov. 10, 2005 >> NOA1 Received from Laguna Niguel, CA Office

Feb. 2, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received via Email

Feb. 6, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received (Paper Copy) USPS

Feb. 13, 2006 >> File arrived at NVC

Feb. 14, 2006 >> Faxed NVC to request change of Embassy for my fiancee as she moved from the Philippines to Canada Jan 20 2006

Feb. 15, 2006 >> NVC had me fax a 2nd request for Req of Change of Embassy.

Feb. 16, 2006 >> Called to ck on 2nd fax request, too late, file sent to US Embassy in Manila.

Feb. 21, 2006 >> Called US Embassy in Manila to ask for Req for change of Embassy to Vancouver. The representative said it shows the request already made. (Evidently from the NVC or Vancouver)

April 3, 2006 >> Received call from Vancouver US Consulate informing me that my fiancee needed to fax them a copy of her Canadian work permit, our case #, current address and phone #. Fiancee faxed requested documents that same day.

April 20, 2006 >> Packet 3 rec'd from Vancouver US Consulate.

April 24, 2006 >> Fiance' faxed DS-230 to Vancouver US Consulate

April 24, 2006 >> I scheduled medical examination for my fiance' for May 1, 2006 $220 Canadian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.