sherif23

i130 approved then re-opened same DAY!!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All

I had posted a week a go or my case and I just want to list my case history and inquire about similar experiences

- granted a temporary green card Oct 2004 through marriage

- Marriage was later terminated March 2006

- Interview August 2007 and nothing

- Moved in NY - another interview 2008 and nothing again - just another 1 year stamp renewal on the passport

- got married again April 2008

- Moved to Egypt August 2009 (basically, we got a great career opportunity so figured why not give it a chance) mind you that my stamp was still getting renewed

- January 2010 - Notice of deportation, WHAT the**** - apparently I had a third interview set and I never showed up (even though that interview notice arrived in the mail)

- One lawyer told me we can fight to revive your old i-751 since you have been in temporary status for close to 5 years but we move back to the US ( not an option, wife was pregnant and I just started a job here in Cairo, another said your wife can show up to court and just ask them to close the case - I had to prove that I am not physically in the US hiding and that I had voluntarily left the US. The judge closed the case with no issues.

- August we filed that infamous I-130 from NY.

- October - INS requested copies of the divorce and passport style photographs (what a joke, it was included in the original packet) but of course, we complied as usual

- December 15th, an email that we approved the case and mailed you a notice, then nothing, month after month we call and they tell us, you can filed i-824 app for an action on an approved notice, but that is it. NVC got nothing.....

- YESTERDAY - my wife calls them, and apparently she went off on the ISO, that she wants her husband here and that time is being delayed and no one is telling us anything

According to the ISO screen, the case was approved December 15th, re-opened December 15th, denied December 22nd but no notice was ever sent

they she told my wife that she will email the Vermont center on our behalf, so we can at least understand if we need to submit anything or file an appeal - just get an answer

I do not know what the ISO email can mean, but I have lost faith by now

Thanks for reading my words

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

has no one else ever heard of a case get approved and reopened the same day

then denied a week later

they finally sent me the automatic email this morning that the denial notice is in the mail after almost three months from the december 15th initial

approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.