cardinal

Newbie Qs - primary evidence and timelines

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Sorry, two more questions - the more posts I read the more worries I have!

1. WRT evidence of meeting. I'm concerned about primary evidence - I do not have all the boarding passes from my first (4 month) trip to Burkina (I met my fiance and we began dating while on that trip but we weren't thinking of visa applications at the time!). My rent receipts I submitted for reimbursement - will check if I can get them back but I am guessing no since it is over a year ago. I do have:

-My trip itineraries from the airline

-Passport stamps - but I am worried they won't show up well in a photocopy

-Internet receipts for the first two months

I do have my boarding passes and itineraries for my second (9 month) trip - although again, no rent receipts - as well as from subsequent trips to france where he is currently studying. Should I ask my university (which is also my employer) for a letter certifying that I was in Burkina doing work for the university during those two time periods, or would that not count as primary evidence? Should I include an attachment explaining why I don't have all the records from the trip? I do have lots of secondary evidence - pictures, hundreds of emails, skype chats, letters from my parents, his family, my boss...

2. We are also concerned about the timeframe. We would like to send in the petition in March. His student visa for France expires at the end of september 2011, so if he has not received the visa by then he will be heading back to Burkina. I assume his file would then need to be transferred from the embassy in france to the embassy in Burkina - which I assume will mean additionnal time and hassle. Does anyone have experience with their fiance(e) moving countries in the niddle of the process - how does that affect the timeline?

Again, thanks!!

I got letters from my university saying I was studying abroad. I think it is a good addition.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.