LlamaInvasion

I-864 and other forms, questions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

I'll get an appointment with a civil surgeon ASAP.

I've never been out of status.

Thank you guys! :D

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi there,

I have the same situation as you. Quick question, on the I-864 Instructions, it states:

If your income alone is not sufficient to meet the requirement for your household size, the intending immigrant will be ineligible for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status, unless the requirement can be met using any combination of the following:

1. Income from any relatives or dependents living in your household or dependents listed on your most recent Federal tax return who signed a Form I-864A;

2. Income from the intending immigrant, if that income will continue from the same source after immigration, and if the intending immigrant is currently living in your residence. If the intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be counted regardless of current residence, but it must continue from the same source after he or she becomes a lawful permanent resident.

3. The value of your assets, the assets of any household member who has signed a Form I-864A, or the assets of the intending immigrant;

4. A joint sponsor whose income and/or assets equal at least 125 percent of the Poverty Guidelines. See question below for more information on joint sponsors.

Did you just use #4? Or do we need to use at least two?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.