warayakoh

INTERVIEW (K1 &K2)

17 posts in this topic

Doesn't sound like a "my bad" but more a "my didn't know".

When there are K-2 children involved, there is no petition for them. When the USC submits a K-1 petition, they must list all the beneficiary's children, even if they're 40 and married with their own kids.

It's then up to the beneficiary to submit a visa application (once their petition is approved) for the K-2 that's either for issue alongside the K-1 or to follow within 1 year of the K-1 issuance.

Each Embassy has a different set of protocol. Unless it's changed in the past 8 months, London didn't require my then 10 year old to attend interview, I just submitted forms and her passport on her behalf.

I think the more important question in terms of what to do is how/ when were you planning on your 6 year olds on joining you?

If you wanted them to travel with you from Dubai, then you may as well get them to do the medical and visa interview (if necessary for them to attend) with you in Dubai. If you were planning on getting the visas and then travelling back to Manila to then fly to the US from Manila, then why not delay the departure from Manila and do their K-2s as 'to follow'. This would mean you get your K-1 in Dubai, travel to Manila to "supervise" the kids through their K-2 medicals and interviews, therefore processing their visas as though you were already in the US?

In any case, I would check with Dubai first to see what they suggest.

Why are you being antagonistic?

I do know. I didn't read the OP's post thoroughly that's why it was "my bad".

It's like your posts, most are too lengthy, I don't have time to read it all.

Don't you have anything better to do than try to pick a fight?

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

my cousin said that if you already have a case reference number, you can request your data to be modified by calling NVC thru their 1-800 number. Better call them to verify if its a possibility

just my 2 cents worth :D

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.