Dave H

Travel to the Embassy by train (London)

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just wanted a quick reply by someone that has travelled by train to their medical and interview appointments. I am travelling from Yorkshire by train (when I get my dates confirmed that is) and wondered what is the best way.

I was thinking of travelling to Kings Cross, then travel by tube to Green Park (I think, using the Victoria line) as this looks like I could walk it to both the interview and medical.

I would be so grateful if anyone could reply, I don't want to stop overnight either. I would like to do it in just one day as it would cut down the cost and time away from work.

Many Thanks

Dave :)

From King's Cross, I would get off at Oxford Circus or change at Oxford Circus to the Victoria line and go to Bond Street, which is the closest tube stop.

Here's a map I made showing the Embassy and medical exam and tube stations are marked. You can zoom in and out or move the map around.

http://www.click2map.com/maps/nichnick/Embassy_London

You're not thinking of doing the medical and interview the same day are you?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

From King's Cross, I would get off at Oxford Circus or change at Oxford Circus to the Victoria line and go to Bond Street, which is the closest tube stop.

Here's a map I made showing the Embassy and medical exam and tube stations are marked. You can zoom in and out or move the map around.

http://www.click2map.com/maps/nichnick/Embassy_London

You're not thinking of doing the medical and interview the same day are you?

Thanks for the reply :)

And thanks for the link showing the points of interest. Oh and no I wasn't doing the medical and interview the same day. I just wanted to cut the cost down as well as not having to have many days off work. I was hoping to travel to London on each day and travel home the same days.

Thanks again

When I went down for the medical I took the 6.30amj or so train from Huddersfield to LKX and returned on the 8.30pm or so same route. I was home by midnight. For the interview I did the same times but the return was from Euston for some reason. Hope that helps you with planning times.

When I went down for the medical I took the 6.30amj or so train from Huddersfield to LKX and returned on the 8.30pm or so same route. I was home by midnight. For the interview I did the same times but the return was from Euston for some reason. Hope that helps you with planning times.

Thanks so much for your reply,

obviously I cannot plan anything regarding times, but I want to plan the best route

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.