caly

I-130 and G325A: Name in native alphabet

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

Question about the "Name in native language" question on the I-130 and G-325A forms. Would love to hear all advice/suggestions.

A couple of weeks ago, I mistakenly filled in my chinese name in the name in the native language field on the G-325A, signed the form and sent it to my husband.

Now, as we are reviewing our forms, we realize that I shouldn't have filled out that question because:

1. In Singapore, all official communication is conducted in English
  2. I do not consider Mandarin to be my native language

The only reason I filled it in was because I saw "name... non-roman alphabet" and my Chinese name is reflected on my birth certificate and Singapore ID card, so I wrote it down because I figured I should give them all the information.. Also possibly because I didn't really think about the implications of the question. I am kicking myself now!

Now, I wonder if it could cause potential problems at USCIS.. I don't want them to think my native language is Chinese because I am quite terrible at it!

My husband and I are planning on leaving the G-325A as it is but submitting the I-130 with "See attachment" in the Native non-roman name field. We will explain the descrepancy and my husband will sign on the attachment.

Do you think this will be acceptable to USCIS/NVC?

Thanks!

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.