Brenda2010

AOS/EAD

10 posts in this topic

Hi all - so I'm getting all together and was reading in the 'step-by-step guide on how to file for adjustment of status for K1 Visa holders' which basically says that i'm not required ot have another medical exam if i file the I-485 within a year of my exam, which I am. Then it says if my DS-3025 is marked incomplete I have to file the I-693...

So couple questions - at what point would I have received a DS-3025? Where would it be? Don't remember seeing/receiving this, and can't seem to find it.

I'm assuming my medical exam was fine as I was approved so should I just go ahead and send in my package without this I-693?

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks, B

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all - so I'm getting all together and was reading in the 'step-by-step guide on how to file for adjustment of status for K1 Visa holders' which basically says that i'm not required ot have another medical exam if i file the I-485 within a year of my exam, which I am. Then it says if my DS-3025 is marked incomplete I have to file the I-693...

So couple questions - at what point would I have received a DS-3025? Where would it be? Don't remember seeing/receiving this, and can't seem to find it.

I'm assuming my medical exam was fine as I was approved so should I just go ahead and send in my package without this I-693?

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks, B

The DS-3025 is the Embassy Medical. They would mark it incomplete if say for instance, you were pregnant and they couldn't take an x-ray or couldn't give you an immunization. If that was the case, you would have to get another medical in the US to complete all the requirements. The I-693 is the USCIS medical form.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Oh right, so given that, should i have a copy of the DS-3025? And if I don't have a copy do I have to submit the I-693/see a civil surgeon? Oh goddddd, please say no!

The DS-3025 is the Embassy Medical. They would mark it incomplete if say for instance, you were pregnant and they couldn't take an x-ray or couldn't give you an immunization. If that was the case, you would have to get another medical in the US to complete all the requirements. The I-693 is the USCIS medical form.

Oh right - so should I have a copy somewhere of the DS-3025? should they have given me that at the embassy/interview? And if I don't have it do I have to submit the I-693/see a civil surgeon? Oh godddd please say no!

Oh right - so should I have a copy somewhere of the DS-3025? should they have given me that at the embassy/interview? And if I don't have it do I have to submit the I-693/see a civil surgeon? Oh godddd please say no!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Brenda2010,

Where did you do your medical again? When you picked it up from the office or received it, there should have been a page for your record. It's a copy of the immuzination sheet that the doctor put in the sealed enveloppe. That's the DS-3025.

Also, you can put in the cover page of your AOS package that you had a medical done within the last year and are therefore not including the I-693. This is what most of us August crew people did, and so far nobody received an RFE because of it...

If you need an exmaple of a cover page, text me and I'll send you the one I used...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hi Brenda, The form DS-2053 is the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet they should of given to you from your medical, it has the list of all your vaccinations with dates on it. If you don't have it, maybe you can try calling Toronto and see if you can get a copy of that sheet. If not.. i'm afraid you might have to do it all over again :( but i'm not sure. I just know you have to send that Vaccination Document worksheet in with your AOS paperwork.

I sent in the Vaccination Documentation worksheet, the receipt from when I got the medical done and a letter stating i had the medical done within the year with the address and phone number of the office I had it done at and it was all groovy.

I hope you find your medical paper :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Thanks everyone - was seriously having a heart attack here...would that void my medical? lol

So I definitely don't have it, the DS, so I'm going to address it in the cover sheet as you suggested Vero and as you suggested J will send my vaccination card from my Dr and receipt from Dr. Seiden/TO and hope that that'll be just fine.

Okay, off to work on another form, jees...would it be wrong to have a glass of wine while doing it???

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone - was seriously having a heart attack here...would that void my medical? lol

So I definitely don't have it, the DS, so I'm going to address it in the cover sheet as you suggested Vero and as you suggested J will send my vaccination card from my Dr and receipt from Dr. Seiden/TO and hope that that'll be just fine.

Okay, off to work on another form, jees...would it be wrong to have a glass of wine while doing it???

Hell no! I believe it's a sip every question answered! :lol:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

As long as it's the medical Vaccination Documentation Worksheet(DS-2053)that Dr. Seiden gave to you from your medical in Toronto...Then it should be fine. It looks like a photocopied paper with your information on the top and a chart of all the vaccinations with dates of when you had those shots.. at the bottom it has his signature with boxes checkmarked on the right stating it's complete :) Mine didn't say complete..I can't exactly remember what was checkmarked, but it was complete anyways.

If you don't have this paper..I would try calling Dr. Seidens office for a copy to send in with your AOS papers!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did my medical with Dr. Seiden in Montreal and I never got a copy of the immunization worksheet. (maybe because I provided the results from titre tests rather than an immunization record). I confirmed with them that the titre results were transcribed onto an immunization form within the medical. I did not get the I693 filled out when I applied for AOS and had no issues.

Thanks all. I ended up phoning/emailing Dr. Seiden's office to ask for a copy and eventually, after much back and forthing ('we gave it to you', 'no don't think you did, but in any case don't have it could you please send a copy') they ended up emailing me a copy. Whew. One less thing to stress about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.