caly

IR1/CR1: US Embassy in Singapore

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

In a bid to educate myself and my husband about the IV process, I've been looking fervently for any additional information regarding the Singapore consulate (aside from the official reviews and information provided on the site). So far, I have come to the conclusion that there does not seem to be too many people on this site petitioning/applying for IV via the embassy in Singapore at this time, and no really bad horror stories of this embassy so far - for which I am thankful.

Pretty sure Singapore isn't considered a high fraud country. Nonetheless, because I'm getting highly paranoid as the husband and I prepare to embark on our journey, I have to ask: does anyone know of any potential red flags scenarios or any Singapore-specific tips that can help to make the process less painful for everyone involved?

For those of you who have gone through the process, we'd love to hear your experiences!

Hopefully this can be a thread for past, current and future applicants via the embassy in Singapore to share information.

We look forward to reading your replies. :)

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know how the US Embassy in Singapore schedules interviews?

e.g. Do they schedule them as cases come in from the NVC? Do they hold all cases until a certain time of month and then schedule everyone?

It appears that most people get their interview date almost immediately after the case is closed. However, our case was closed 1 week ago (received email) but we still haven't received an interview date. I've called the NVC but all they can say is that the case is closed but they haven't scheduled an interview yet.

The Consular section at the Embassy is currently closed for renovations. I gave them a call but no answer. I wonder if that's causing the delay...

Is anybody else currently waiting for a Singapore interview date?

Thanks,

B

Edited by Bonhomme007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.