tewizle

Pls help Visa Interview slated for march

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJers,i need help,my mom a LPR filled a F2A visa for me.And my Interview is next month march at the Lagos consulate.I plan on doing my medicals first week march.The police clearance certificate i sent them would probably have expired,so i was thinking i should get another one just to be on the safe side.

I was hoping if F2A peeps in the house could share their interview experience.what kind of questions will the CO ask me...Would i be asked to take a DNA test?I hope not...How many pics/email should i take to the interview,etc.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJers,i need help,my mom a LPR filled a F2A visa for me.And my Interview is next month march at the Lagos consulate.I plan on doing my medicals first week march.The police clearance certificate i sent them would probably have expired,so i was thinking i should get another one just to be on the safe side.

I was hoping if F2A peeps in the house could share their interview experience.what kind of questions will the CO ask me...Would i be asked to take a DNA test?I hope not...How many pics/email should i take to the interview,etc.

First of all, congrats on getting your interview date.

My sister went for an F2A interview dec of 2010 in Lagos, they asked how my dad (the petitioner) went to America, also about me (I did the affidative of surpport.The CO even wanted to know about how my husband came to the States :unsure: They want to see atleast 30 pics of you and your mom. That is what the CO told my sis (she only had three), They did not want to see the letters between my father and my sis. Then they told her she had to get more evidence - thus sending her back with a 221g, requesting for DNA test - We are still waiting for the completion of that....Goodluck!!!!!!!

May your VJ be a fruitful one! Dad petition for Nne Visa type: Family Based 2APD - Jan 27, 20071st interview..12/14/2010Appointment for DNA Collection in Nig..March 30,2011VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!! No questions...May 23rd, 2011Mom petition for DuumVisa type: Family Based 2BPD...............May 21, 2005Approval notice..June 10, 2009Received Choice of Agent.........October 15, 2010Mailed CoA to NVC................Dec 17, 2010IV bill generated................Jan 04, 2011IV bill & AOS bill rec'd & paid..Jan 10, 2011AOS mailed to NVC................Jan 14, 2011IV packet mailed to NVC..........Feb 01, 2011IV packet received by NVC........Feb 14, 2011Case completed at NVC............Feb 23rd, 2011Interview...................................June 14, 2013 DNA sample collection for July 8Visa approval upon receipt of DNA result.. Now in the USA! (Sept, 2013)<p>Dad petition for ZeeVisa type: Family Based 2B - Upgraded to F1 12/2011PD...............Jan 27,2007 Approval notice..Aug 06, 2009, Rec'd COA & AOS request 12/16/2011 3/14/2014 interview.. visa granted! Dad for Kay FB2 - Upgraded to F1 12/2011 PD..........March 28, 2008Approval notice........Oct 27, 2009, Interview for 01/21/2016. Visa granted! no DNA requested!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry, I don't have any experience with this type of aplication, actually this was the first time I have heard of it, I hope you were able to get the information u needed.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First of all, congrats on getting your interview date.

My sister went for an F2A interview dec of 2010 in Lagos, they asked how my dad (the petitioner) went to America, also about me (I did the affidative of surpport.The CO even wanted to know about how my husband came to the States :unsure: They want to see atleast 30 pics of you and your mom. That is what the CO told my sis (she only had three), They did not want to see the letters between my father and my sis. Then they told her she had to get more evidence - thus sending her back with a 221g, requesting for DNA test - We are still waiting for the completion of that....Goodluck!!!!!!!

Tanx akanchawa,So i should expect qxns about my My sponsor and co-sponsor.I have about 20 pics or more.I guess the CO told your sis to get the DNA test because the evidence of relationship{3 pics} your sister brought wasn't enough.Tanx all the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.