dnac59

Scheduling Online

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All, I am trying to schedule the interview online and I seem to be having difficulties. When asked to fill out information about purpose of visit, it doesn't have an option for K-1 visa. I was wondering if anyone has the same problem and how to bypass this or at least what to put down?

Also people have said that they applied using the immigrant visa section. I also have read that people might have a problem once they arrive in the embassy because K-1 is non-immigrant, is there any truth to this?

Thanks for any and all help

use the K Visa Appointment Scheduling link on this web page.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

A K-1 visa is a non immigrant visa, but it is processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

REPOST:

ONLINE SCHEDULING PROCESS:

To log in:

a) the beneficiary's Passport number

b) the case number from the letter you received from the embassy saying you may schedule an interview (MNL000000000)

c) the beneficiary's Date of Birth

d) A password of your choosing (Password requirements)

e) Enter the same password again to confirm

f) Enter the security code as you see it in the image

g) click the Proceed Button

REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD! YOU NEED IT TO OPEN THE APPOINTMENT LETTER THAT IS GENERATED BY THIS WEB SITE!

Now it asks for more information about your case. i don;t remember exactly the layout but there are a few pages you navigate through. They ask this:

a) Beneficiary's first and last name

b) Beneficiary's complete mailing address

c) Beneficiary's phone number(s)

d) Beneficiary's Nationality

e) Beneficiary's current country of residence

f) Where beneficiary's passport was issued, the date it was issued and the expiration date

Make sure and choose the K-Visa Appointment Scheduling link not another one

Do NOT choose “Save and Exit” – Continue on to choosing your appointment

You are confirmed that your interview has been scheduled. There is a link to click on to see the appointment letter that you need to print. Clicking the link will take you to another page that has a big button to download the PDF file containing the one page letter with:

A) Your UID and a bar code

B) Beneficiary's name passport number and address

C) The date and time of the appointment

The letter is called at the top:

Immigration Address Confirmation Sheet

MANILA

There is a US Department of State emblem at the top.

and click on “K-Visa Appointment Scheduling.” You will need the passport number of the applicant, the day your visa fee was paid (or validated), the applicant’s birthday, and you will have to create a password that you will need to log in. As I mentioned, it gave me all kinds of problems. First, it said that I should check the fee payment date. After trying several times and calling the call center to no avail, one call center agent realized that the fee payment date should be Jan. 18, even though my fiancée paid it on Jan. 17. So, if you’re receiving an error that tells you to check your fee payment date, try the day after. Once you have that date right and all of your info entered correctly, you’ll probably get an error that says “Case Number is not valid.” This is because, as I mentioned above, the embassy has either not put your case in their system or not sent the info to the call center so that you can schedule. I called the embassy after I finally received the error “Case Number is not valid,” and the operator told me that the instructions were mailed to my fiancée on Jan. 18 (6 days after the embassy received my case). She told me I was ready to schedule, but after trying again online and calling the call center without success, I realized that I needed to call the embassy again to get them to set me up in their system. You can reach the embassy at 632-301-2000. When the operator comes on, press 7 and enter the extension 5184# or 5185#. You may have to call back several times before you finally get someone on the line, but it’s worth the wait =). Anyway, I told the operator the problem, and she said she would enter my information so that I could be scheduled for the interview. The next day, I checked online, and I was able to schedule!!! After you enter the basic info on the first page, it will take you to another page where you can specify where the visa should be delivered. I entered my fiancée’s address, but I’ve been told by others that there is an option to select for a visa pickup at a 2GO branch. I didn’t see it, though, perhaps because I was in a rush. The system will automatically generate a UID number, which you need to PRINT. If you leave the page without writing down your UID number, I do not think you will be able to schedule since it will ask you for your UID and password. After printing the page with your UID number, you will be brought to a page with a calendar to select the interview date. Just a warning: when you schedule online, avoid the mistake I made. Before you ever log in, decide which date you want because you only have a short time. When I looked at the calendar to select the interview date, I had to think about it, and my session timed out after being idle for only about 30 seconds (I read of other VJ members that had the same experience). Once it times out, there’s nothing you can do to get back in and schedule it, so you’ll have to call the call center to get them to finish it for you. It’s not a big deal, but it was frustrating since I made the mistake in the day (U.S. time) and was unable to fix it until that night. The call center phone number is 214-571-1600 for U.S. callers.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-01-13

NVC letter: 2011-02-01

USEM LETTER: 2011-02-11

INTERVIEW: 2011-04-04 VISA APPROVED

POE: 2011-05-02 MINEAPOLIS/ST PAUL

WEDDING: 2011-06-18

Prayer teaches us to wait;it clears our visions;it quiets our heart and it activates our faith.Glow like the sunrise and be humble like the sunset.

event.png

REPOST:

To log in:

b) the case number from the letter you received from the embassy saying you may schedule an interview (MNL000000000)

REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD! YOU NEED IT TO OPEN THE APPOINTMENT LETTER THAT IS GENERATED BY THIS WEB SITE!

Now it asks for more information about your case. i don;t remember exactly the layout but there are a few pages you navigate through. They ask this:

f) Where beneficiary's passport was issued, the date it was issued and the expiration date

You are confirmed that your interview has been scheduled. There is a link to click on to see the appointment letter that you need to print. Clicking the link will take you to another page that has a big button to download the PDF file containing the one page letter with:

MANILA

and click on “K-Visa Appointment Scheduling.” You will need the passport number of the applicant, the day your visa fee was paid (or validated), the applicant’s birthday, and you will have to create a password that you will need to log in. As I mentioned, it gave me all kinds of problems. First, it said that I should check the fee payment date. After trying several times and calling the call center to no avail, one call center agent realized that the fee payment date should be Jan. 18, even though my fiancée paid it on Jan. 17. So, if you’re receiving an error that tells you to check your fee payment date, try the day after. Once you have that date right and all of your info entered correctly, you’ll probably get an error that says “Case Number is not valid.” This is because, as I mentioned above, the embassy has either not put your case in their system or not sent the info to the call center so that you can schedule. I called the embassy after I finally received the error “Case Number is not valid,” and the operator told me that the instructions were mailed to my fiancée on Jan. 18 (6 days after the embassy received my case). She told me I was ready to schedule, but after trying again online and calling the call center without success, I realized that I needed to call the embassy again to get them to set me up in their system. You can reach the embassy at 632-301-2000. When the operator comes on, press 7 and enter the extension 5184# or 5185#. You may have to call back several times before you finally get someone on the line, but it’s worth the wait =). Anyway, I told the operator the problem, and she said she would enter my information so that I could be scheduled for the interview. The next day, I checked online, and I was able to schedule!!! After you enter the basic info on the first page, it will take you to another page where you can specify where the visa should be delivered. I entered my fiancée’s address, but I’ve been told by others that there is an option to select for a visa pickup at a 2GO branch. I didn’t see it, though, perhaps because I was in a rush. The system will automatically generate a UID number, which you need to PRINT. If you leave the page without writing down your UID number, I do not think you will be able to schedule since it will ask you for your UID and password. After printing the page with your UID number, you will be brought to a page with a calendar to select the interview date. Just a warning: when you schedule online, avoid the mistake I made. Before you ever log in, decide which date you want because you only have a short time. When I looked at the calendar to select the interview date, I had to think about it, and my session timed out after being idle for only about 30 seconds (I read of other VJ members that had the same experience). Once it times out, there’s nothing you can do to get back in and schedule it, so you’ll have to call the call center to get them to finish it for you. It’s not a big deal, but it was frustrating since I made the mistake in the day (U.S. time) and was unable to fix it until that night. The call center phone number is 214-571-1600 for U.S. callers.

:thumbs:

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

REPOST:

To log in:

MANILA

This is great info! Thanks a lot... We're trying to schedule an appointment as well and was so confused on what to do and how to do it... Thanks a million!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

event.png

~~I-129F~~

10/18/2010 - I-129F Filing Date

10/21/2010 - NOA1 Date

02/24/2011 - NOA2 APPROVAL

03/21/2011 - Medicals @ SLEC

04/07/2011 - Interview @ USEM Manila

04/13/2011 - Visa Issued

04/16/2011 - Visa Received

05/02/2011 - POE Seattle

05/08/2011 - Wedding Date!!!

~~AOS~~

05/23/2011 - Sent AOS Package

05/25/2011 - Package delivered and signed for by: D.NESBIT

06/14/2011 - NOA Notice Date; Check Cashed

06/15/2011 - NOA Email and Text Notifications

06/20/2011 - NOA hardcopies received in the mail

06/27/2011 - Biometrics Letter received in the mail (for 07/19/2011)

06/28/2011 - Walk-in Biometrics attempt unsuccessful (USCIS Seattle)

07/19/2011 - Biometrics @ 12noon

07/20/2011 - EAD Card/Document Production & AP Post Decision Activity

07/25/2011 - Second notification on EAD Approval

07/26/2011 - Third notification on EAD Approval

07/28/2011 - EAD AP card in the mail

09/06/2011 - AOS Interview ~ APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.