Swamped

The Way they Start Your Time Clock

8 posts in this topic

Check out the USCIS website and read what it says. Each time you send in an RFE, they can start counting your six months all over again without giving you credit for the time you have already waited (or should I say wasted).

"If we ask for missing required initial evidence, count the processing time from when we receive the missing evidence."

What do you think of them apples? :no:

05/2005 - Met on line

06/20/05 - first serious e-mails

01/15/06 - traveled to China to meet Yonghua and family

02/24/06 - I-129 F sent (K1 visa) Laguna

03/01/06 - I-129 F delivered at USCIS

03/06/06 - I-129F received date (check processed)

03/07/06 - NOA1 issued

03/10/06 - NOA1 received

06/23/06 - Notice date on RFE

06/28/06 - RFE for IMBRA received and mailed back to CSC

06/30/06 - RFE received at CSC

09/08/06 - NOA2 notice date

09/12/06 - received NOA2 in mail

10/02/06 - received and case number issued at NVC

10/19/06 - Case sent to Consulate in Guangzhou

- update -

05/22/07 - Visa approved

06/15/07 - SO arrives at LAX

07/07/07 - Married

07/24/07 - AOS filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

technically, if we send in an incomplete form, then it is incomplete! realistically though, most people get approved very soon after a second RFE.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

technically, if we send in an incomplete form, then it is incomplete! realistically though, most people get approved very soon after a second RFE.

But if you send in a "complete" form and then they ask for "additional" evidence, then they should keep your original filing date. You paid the fee, your form or petition was complete and your filing date should not have to start all over again when you send in the RFE. Just my opinion :clock:

05/2005 - Met on line

06/20/05 - first serious e-mails

01/15/06 - traveled to China to meet Yonghua and family

02/24/06 - I-129 F sent (K1 visa) Laguna

03/01/06 - I-129 F delivered at USCIS

03/06/06 - I-129F received date (check processed)

03/07/06 - NOA1 issued

03/10/06 - NOA1 received

06/23/06 - Notice date on RFE

06/28/06 - RFE for IMBRA received and mailed back to CSC

06/30/06 - RFE received at CSC

09/08/06 - NOA2 notice date

09/12/06 - received NOA2 in mail

10/02/06 - received and case number issued at NVC

10/19/06 - Case sent to Consulate in Guangzhou

- update -

05/22/07 - Visa approved

06/15/07 - SO arrives at LAX

07/07/07 - Married

07/24/07 - AOS filed

Not true. Timelines don't support that theory... timelines don't support any theory, actually. Continue to try to analyze if you are bored, but I personally wouldn't waste my time...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think the OP has misunderstood to some extent. If you send in an incomplete petition and they cannot BEGIN processing, the clock cannot exactly start ticking.

If they discover mid-process that they need something more, the clock does not roll back to day one. It simply adds on WHEN THEY RECEIVE YOUR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE and continue processing, as opposed to the clock continuing to tick while you are gathering that evidence to send in. They cannot continue processing if they don't have what they need - therefore they "stop the clock".

If they knew how to write clearly (they obviously don't - we've seen their cyptic emails) they would have said:

If we ask for missing required initial evidence, STOP THE CLOCK, SEND THE EVIDENCE AND THEN CONTINUE to count the processing time from when we receive the missing evidence

And like Jen said, in the end, it doesn't matter. There are no processing timelines anymore. It's random.

Filed: Timeline
Check out the USCIS website and read what it says. Each time you send in an RFE, they can start counting your six months all over again without giving you credit for the time you have already waited (or should I say wasted).

"If we ask for missing required initial evidence, count the processing time from when we receive the missing evidence."

What do you think of them apples? :no:

:yes: its the same through out the whole process. each action starts the clock over.

example the time your waiting now - wont count towards interview time.

or AOS time. :(

shon.gif

... each action starts the clock over. example the time your waiting now - wont count towards interview time.

or AOS time. :(

Yes... and if your fiance(e) is in the Dominican Republic, you have an 18-24 month wait just for an interview, on top of the time you had to wait for your NOA2. Unbelieveable.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.