Waiting for NOA2

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You been approved on Valentines day Congratulations :thumbs:

Thank you!

Gracias

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

took us 5 months and 2 weeks,and we had to call them to complain it was late. hope urs is quicker

Thanks you i hope so too :yes:

Every day processing time change, why some people got it in two month others says 5 or 6 month :blush::help:

Thats a great question!!! I can understand if a case is more complicated but for those of us that are simple its just frustrating to see some recieve theirs so quickly and we are left to wait ........

Hi, i really believe that you NOA2 coming soon, good luck :)

just try and remember that its to be with the one you love and that once its done,its over with. and once this part is over things speed up a lot. wev been finding it easier since we got the noa2 as we have been able to do things again. and we feel things are moving. try and look forward to all these things

Thanks for you replied, and i am trying to be more positive and be pacience :)

2011/08/15 - Sent AOS Packet

2011/08/29 - Emails with receipt numbers

2011/09/01 - Hard Copy NOA (AOS, EAD & AP)

2011/09/06 - Appointment Biometrics Letter (appointment for 8/29)

center]"If God is for us, who can be against us?" - Romans 8:31

Si Dios esta con nosotros, quien estara en contra de nosotros - Romanos 8:31[/center]

fQXvm7.png

I ask that question everyday..."what could I have done better or more to have mine approved within months," but it's what it is...the waiting game :whistle: .

You and I filed around the same time, so let's hang in there and pray we hear something soon. Today, I started a petty fight with my man for no given reason. We are so tired of waiting on someone to give us permission to be together, but nothing more to do but wait and stay in love.

So Good Luck to you and yours,we will be on the APPROVAL side soon :P

Let's keeping in touch to see when we get the NOA2... :thumbs: We are only month for... I am pray to God for that :thumbs:

Si Dios esta con nosotros, quien estara en contra de nosotros - Romanos 8:31[/center]

fQXvm7.png

Hi want to try my shoes on? My wife and have been waiting 1 year already. I have been stuck at the NVC 3 months. My lawyer could of filed electronic processing and he dropped the ball. Talk about frustration. Yours will go by much quicker. Do something to take your mind off the situation.

You are right.... And i am sorry for you situation, hope the best in this coming days (F)

fQXvm7.png

For me, the wait was 150 days. Recently, for others, the wait has even been longer 6 or even 7 months (specially if you have to respond to a RFE). You can try to think positively by realizing that once your petition is approved, the longest part of the process will be behind you. I am now eagerly awaiting for an interview date and look forward to being with my fiance in 3 weeks (I will go visit for Spring break). Remember to keep collecting evidence (telephone and chat records, e-mails, letters, etc.) as you will need this evidence for the interview.

Best wishes! (F)

Thanks you, and i hope good luck in your interview, always positive :thumbs:

fQXvm7.png

It took us 5 months 3 weeks to get our NOA2. With the holidays I was giving them until the end of Feb then I was going to call but on Feb 8 when I opened my email there it was from USCIS that we have been APPROVED for the NOA2. I even had to go to the USCIS website to check for sure, then I texted my fiancee to make sure she was awake (which she wasn't) then I called her to let her know. Just be patiant and keep praying for everything. Good luck to you and yours.

I wishes the best for you too (L)

fQXvm7.png

my fiance and I we start calling the USCIS and the senator when we were waiting for 4 months just like you, the USCIS official answer that they gave to the senator, is this one

Processing times for specific applications and petitions at the Vermont Service Center (VSC) are provided on the www.uscis.gov website and are updated weekly. Based on fluctuations and variables that impact the processing times and for the purpose of interim or final adjudicative processing, the VSC allows 30 days beyond the posted date before the case is considered "Outside of Normal Processing Time" (ONPT).

An additional 30 days must be allowed for adjudicative review and processing before we can request expeditious processing based on ONPT. If the application or petition is still pending after 30 days, it will be forwarded for expeditious processing as an ONPT case. :angry:

so pretty much they are saying that they have 5 months to process the I129F, but after that you have to wait 30 days more to be consider out of time of normal process, and then they will check your I129F... this sucks, but at least you are 2 months away from been ONPT.

I hope this info helps I am also so stress about this process, but at least we are only a few months away :thumbs:

Thanks for you information, this helps all of Us in this forum. I saw people in here get a NOA2 in 2 or 3 month... Very lucky people and i am very happy for them, so we are here and we have only to wait and pray that will coming soon :blush:

fQXvm7.png

THANK YOU FOR THIS FORUM

I ask the same question many times every day. Why do they make us wait?

I do not understand why the whole process takes more then 2 months.

We should be able to file the paperwork and as long as the paperwork is complete (NO RFE'S) we should have an answer in 1 - 2 weeks. Then the time between 2 weeks and 2 months when I meet my fiancé at the airport she can say her goodbyes to family and friends - pack her bags - tie up any lose ends. That is it. What are they doing that takes so much time. I sent them my tax returns and pay stubs - They see I make several time the required salary. I provided a death certificate for my late wife so they can see I am legal to marry. They can check my criminal record and except for having a lead foot I stay away from officer friendly. It has even has even been over 25 years since officer friendly and I have talked about my speeding problem.

So I ask again what is the purpose behind this waiting?? Why do they make us wait? If they need more people to process the paper work then hire more people - It is better to pay someone to process the applications for VISA then pay people to be on the 2 year vacation plan looking for a job.

Why are some VISA'S like

Nonimmigrant VISA'S

Alien Entrepreneur VISA'S

Processed between 2 - 10 weeks?

Why does a K1 VISA take a longer time then these VISA'S take to process??

What is the value of making people put their life in a holding pattern for 5 plus months.

I understand that some people have been waiting a lot longer then we have and I am happy for anyone who's processing time was less.

I feel that there needs to be logic and reason in what we do. Where is the logic in making people who want to be together be apart?

Unless we do not meet the requirements that whoever is in charge has set why do they make us wait?

In May 2010 I knew that we will needed patience with each other to make our life's together work but I had no idea how much our future together will be determined by a process that we totally have no control over.

We both are committed to wait as long as it take - That is not a problem.

I hope everyone gets to be with the person that they love sooner rather the later - I also wish to improve the process. For people to call USCIS and be told that they need to wait 5 months plus an additional 30 days for adjudicative review and processing before we can request expeditious processing is not the solution to the problem.

Of course these are just my thoughts

I am with you, i don't understand why we have to wait so long for a decision, this should be a process faster and less tedious and painful. If we decide to get married is because it is the person we chose, why we have to wait for others to make decisions and leave us be separated from the person we love, all this is so absurd... and the worst is that we are bound, and we can only hope to hear good news coming soon, good luck

fQXvm7.png

• 2 weeks later...
:blush: :blush: :blush: I saw many member get the NOA2 in 1 month what kind of joke is that????? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: What about us :blush: what is the different between them case and us, i don't get it :crying:

fQXvm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.