momojojo

How can we cancel our k-1 visa?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

With our case, and from others experience, I have always thought that when they cash your check you will have you an EAC (Case Number) on the back of the check. If you did pay by check, look at the stamp on the back to see if it does have a case number. If so, then use this case number to follow up with the USCIS. This would indeed establish you have a case open somewhere.

He paid by money order so he couldn't know whats the number is...

With our case, and from others experience, I have always thought that when they cash your check you will have you an EAC (Case Number) on the back of the check. If you did pay by check, look at the stamp on the back to see if it does have a case number. If so, then use this case number to follow up with the USCIS. This would indeed establish you have a case open somewhere.

He paid by Money orde. So he doesnt know the number is...

Not to be funny I don't think he can look on the back of a money order. You don't get that back! Did he ever get an original I797 receipt? Usually get that within 2 weeks of filing your I-129.

He never got anything from USCIS. He sent our I-129f and just waited till now...

Did he send the money to the visa service or USCIS? Sounds like the company stole his money...if USCIS has never heard of you guys.

He called USCIS customer service center which number is in homepage. What is visa service???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Don't think we're sure they used a visa service.

Please could you ask him, when he sent the paperwork and the money order, what address did he send it to? This is to help us understand more about how he submitted the petition.

He sent to this address...

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

He brought our paperwork to legal before sent it to USCIS. Because at that time, the place where to file was changed. So he sent our paperwork to USCIS after legal checked everything and address to file also.

Hello. Me and my fiance were waiting for NOA1 for 5months. And we called USCIS about 5times about it. All of them said they sent our NOA1 and our paperwork is in process...They said they will send him NOA1 again. and let him paid $20. but never came. so he talked to some higher level person. He told my fiance to give him time for a few days and he will find out where it is. BUT we found out when we called to military line (because he is in NAVY). Our paperwork was lost after cashed.... He said we have to re-file again. and it will start from first. He said they will pay him back which he paid already. But my fiance is getting order to Japan in 7months. So we decided to wait to get married till he will be in Japan. We believe it is better decision for us for now.

This is my question...How can we cancel our I-129F? Because they told us they don't even have our case number at all... And how can we get money back from them plus $20?

Nobody knows where our paperwork is at...so how should I??

If somebody know something. please tell me :(

Momo

Have you people tried consulting your 2 United States Senators and Congressman from your District? They would get you definite answers, and much faster. Try that, and you will be surprised how effective tey are. Go to their website, fill their Authorization form allowing them to look into a matter with Immigration specifically. Explain what happened, when, and what you expect which hasn't happened yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.