^_^

Obama un-friends Mubarak

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Robert Gibbs confirmed that President Obama took Mubarak off his friends list. "We considered a range of actions, from diplomatic to military. In the end, this was the strongest action we came up with."

Mubarak responded quickly in a televised address. "Look, Obama's status updates were boring. Why would I care that he was in Michigan promoting solar jobs? Yawn." Mubarak went on to say that he still has plenty of friends. "I have 80 million friends," said Mubarak. "That's more than Lady Gaga". (Research by the AP confirmed that Mubarak did have 80 million friends, but also that the Secret Police arrests anyone in Egypt who does not friend Mubarak).

"People love me," Mubarak explained. "They really do. As a matter of fact, they have been gathered in the square to tell me how much they care about me. And I'm told they are coming to my house soon to serenade me".

Republicans responded vigorously. In an interview on Fox News, McCain explained that Obama is really a friend of Muslim extremism. McCain tweeted that "we are all Mubarak".

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2011/2/11/942763/-Obama-un-friends-Mubarak

Edited by \

Filed: Timeline

Understandable after the quite embarrassing confusion yesterday about Mubarak's stepping down:

Obama Says He Was Falsely Encouraged By Mubarak’s Out of Office Autoreply

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – Explaining why he had been convinced yesterday that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was about to relinquish his position, President Barack Obama said that he had been misled by Mr. Mubarak’s out of office autoreply to Mr. Obama’s email.

Embarrassed at the misinterpretation, Mr. Obama conceded today that “maybe I took it a little too literally.”