fred n Dao Honey

Airline tickets

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well. I want to know if anyone knows where to get good flight prices to Vietnam for this summer. I am ready to book and don't really care about the dates as long as it is during summer. The boys have to get back to see their grandmother. I have checked the airlines and all seem to be in the 2200 plus for the cheap tickets. If anyone knows of those travel deals could you please share. Thanks to all and good luck to all those going through the frustration.

Good luck to all,

Fred

If you can't do what you want to do, do what you can do.

Timeline

Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well. I want to know if anyone knows where to get good flight prices to Vietnam for this summer. I am ready to book and don't really care about the dates as long as it is during summer. The boys have to get back to see their grandmother. I have checked the airlines and all seem to be in the 2200 plus for the cheap tickets. If anyone knows of those travel deals could you please share. Thanks to all and good luck to all those going through the frustration.

I've flown 3 times from SFO to SGN in the last 2 years and never paid more than $950. July and Aug. are sometimes cheap. Try www.kayak.com About 1700 from PIT or 1500 out of Akron/Canton (CAK)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

assuming you from around Pittsburg, I did a search PIT to SGN 6/3/11 to 6/30/11, Probably at the height of peak season and it was 1668 on kayak.

or you can apply for the credit cards that i posted and get two free tickets.

Edited by What's next

Timeline

Try your local travel agents. My travel agent tells me he can beat website prices for international flights but is more difficult with prices when it comes to domestic trips. Also, make sure you sign up for their members/club programs.

And www.EvaAir.com has a specials often.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wait till about March or April and the price should go down. Look at different airlines directly online--they sometimes offer online discount and/or lower price.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I google Travelosity and it gave me an error. :devil:

1180 is a good price.

how long is the ticket? 1month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1YR?

Here is the correct address: http://www.travelocity.com/

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You could try to book the domestic and international flight segments individually to see if there is a difference in price. Like your location to the west coast, then the west coast to Vietnam.

This is more of a hassle, you would have to collect your luggaage, check-in again and go through security again, plus there's the risk of your luggage getting lost on the domestic portion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.