Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

H4 to F1

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

A couple I know are here in USA as wife is on work visa. She brought her children too, as H4. They have a son approaching college age and want to get him an F1 Visa. They are asking for short term loans to get Visa approved and then will return the money to friends they borrowed from as soon as Visa is approved. Is this a good approach for them to be taking? I thought the money would have to turned over to the school.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India

No its not a good idea to borrow money to inflate the account just for visa purpose as it can easily be tracked.

If she is working in US on H1 then her letter of employment and salary stubs should be good enough for the F1.

The money does not have to be handed over to school other then tution money and her son can start with community college whose cost will be lower then Univ.

Once he is done with basic classes in Community college he can transfre those classes to Univ and continue his degree.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...