radripperaj

certified translation question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey everyone i just have a quick question about documents being translated. My fiance is a certified translator. Can she translate the documents herself and get them notarized? or would this be against some rules since the translations would be for her?

thanks for any help

AJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For China the prefered translations that the consulate in Guangzhou prefers is the Notary Translations you get at the notary office that issues Non-marriage cert, police cert, birth-cert etc... The translation will be bound to the document.

MORE: http://candleforlove.com

As for Here is what USCIS has:

Ignore the ref to I-130, this also applies to I-129F

I-130GeneralInst1.jpg

I-130GeneralInst2.jpg

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Here is what DOS has:

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.
http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

A third party should translate, and just needs to make notation that they are competent to translate, sign date, and add their contact info just in case the official wishes to ask a question about the translation. Signing it this is the act of "certifying" the translation, no notarization needed.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

For China the preferred translations that the consulate in Guangzhou prefers is the Notary Translations you get at the notary office that issues Non-marriage cert, police cert, birth-cert etc... The translation will be bound to the document.

If the doc is in Chinese, do I still need to translate it for Guangzhou US consulate?

What do you mean by "Notary Translations"?

Do you mean the notary office(公證處) in China can provide an English translated of Police Certificate and Birth Certificate?

I don't understand why we have to submit a translated doc for Guangzhou US consulate,

they must have people that read CHINESE. and for the kind of money they're charging,

they should accept Chinese doc without English translation.

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Guangzhou only accepts notarized documents in English such as police certificate, birth certificate and marriage certificate if they are originally in Chinese (It is understandable since your wife immigrates to an English-speaking country, and documents are primarily reviewed and decisions are made by Americans.) You need to send the Chinese relevant doucments to a Gong Zheng Chu, they will have them translated and notarized. Translation is a part of their business; they have their own format requirements.

Edited by xiaozhu

Timeline

If the doc is in Chinese, do I still need to translate it for Guangzhou US consulate?

What do you mean by "Notary Translations"?

Do you mean the notary office(公證處) in China can provide an English translated of Police Certificate and Birth Certificate?

I don't understand why we have to submit a translated doc for Guangzhou US consulate,

they must have people that read CHINESE. and for the kind of money they're charging,

they should accept Chinese doc without English translation.

This is why I recommend people to Join http://candleforlove.com and study the process for China id they are and will be dealing with Guangzhou.

Yes the notary offices in China do the translations.

□ TRANSLATIONS: All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. A competent translator must certify the translation and swear to the accuracy of the document before a notary public.
http://photos.state....0-Aug_%2010.pdf

http://guangzhou.use...and_packets.htm

This thread has gotten specific to China, so I will move it to the China Forum...

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

thanks everyone for their reply.

Side questions regarding the police certificate and electronic processing OPTIN code

my spouse has been living in China only.

Would I need to get a police certificate from every city she stayed more

than six months OR just one police certificate from the city where she's living would do?

Is the 3 digit code for Guangzhou processing embassy/consulate GZO or GUZ?

NVC electronic processing

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

thanks everyone for their reply.

Side questions regarding the police certificate and electronic processing OPTIN code

my spouse has been living in China only.

Would I need to get a police certificate from every city she stayed more

than six months OR just one police certificate from the city where she's living would do?

Is the 3 digit code for Guangzhou processing embassy/consulate GZO or GUZ?

NVC electronic processing

GZO is the Optional Electronic Process

GUZ is the non electronic process (SNAIL MAIL or "Slow Boat to China")

Only one police cert needed, in China it is a national cert.

Police Records Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3537

If dealing with Guangzhou as your consulate I would recommend using http://candleforlove.com for questions and research, there are members there that dealt with Guangzhou even in cases where the beneficiary was not a Chinese national.

More about the GZO processing: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

Timeline

So, OPTIN GZO<NVC Case#> in the subject line.

And I need to get one police certificate from where her Hu-Koh(戶口)

No per the link I quoted to Opt in you will email to NVC with in subject line the GUZ case number, they will then change it to or assign a GZO number.

And yes will get police cert + English translation at her Hu Koh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.