Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

absent parent consent?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

hi everyone,new here..

just about to start the K1 process,reading and getting as much info as possible before we start...lol.

wanted to know if any body has info.i have a 17(nearly 18) year old daughter who wants to come with me....her biological father is spanish,we havent seen or heard him for around 14 years,have no idea where he is or if dead or alive.i understand that i may need a letter from him as she is under 21 years of age,stating that she can come with me to live in the US...we were married when she was born.i divorced him over 10 years ago.

can she still get the K2 without this letter or do i need to get some sort of letter from the courts...

i have read loads of other cases like mine but non for the UK....

hope someone has some info...

many thanks

fiona and sal

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you search in the UK sub-forum you will find quite a few similar cases.

Have a look at the link below and in my post there is another link to a thread on the topic. Hope it helps.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...