soon2batexan

AOS application sent to CSC..but still no biometrics letter

5 posts in this topic

I called USCIS on Jan. 21st to inquire as to why I haven't received my biometrics appointment letter yet (we filed Dec 21.2010). They thanked me for inquiring about this - I was told keeps them in the loop and they won't assume it's negligence on my part if they don't receive something they need. I was advised that the processing window should be Jan 21st - Feb 5th, and if I don't receive an appointment letter by that time, I should call them again. I live in Houston so I'm not sure if the local service center is just backlogged or what, but I'll keep following up each week after this to try to stay on top of things. Someone suggested I just walk-in with my passport and NOA and ask to be fingerprinted..I may try this.

In the meantime, I got curious and checked my case status on the USCIS website today. Apparently my AOS application has been transferred to the California Service Center. Is that a good thing? I heard that once upon a time it usually meant you won't need to be interviewed for your greencard, but California also sounds like it has slower processing times lately.

It'll be interesting to see how things progress...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I called USCIS on Jan. 21st to inquire as to why I haven't received my biometrics appointment letter yet (we filed Dec 21.2010). They thanked me for inquiring about this - I was told keeps them in the loop and they won't assume it's negligence on my part if they don't receive something they need. I was advised that the processing window should be Jan 21st - Feb 5th, and if I don't receive an appointment letter by that time, I should call them again. I live in Houston so I'm not sure if the local service center is just backlogged or what, but I'll keep following up each week after this to try to stay on top of things. Someone suggested I just walk-in with my passport and NOA and ask to be fingerprinted..I may try this.

In the meantime, I got curious and checked my case status on the USCIS website today. Apparently my AOS application has been transferred to the California Service Center. Is that a good thing? I heard that once upon a time it usually meant you won't need to be interviewed for your greencard, but California also sounds like it has slower processing times lately.

It'll be interesting to see how things progress...

I applied for AOS in May and didn't get my Bio appt until the end of Sept (I only got it then because I was getting into the later stages of pregnancy and contacted my congressman because I was getting close to the point that I could no longer travel...it was a 3hr drive to my nearest ASC). I did eventually get my appt letter in the mail and it would have been mid Oct for my appt. Some ASC's are very busy and backlogged and it takes months to get an appt. You may want to post in the AOS forum to see how long people had to wait at your ASC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Texas has quite a few posts lately for problems with AOS biometrics appointments. Many people had to badger to get their appointment sheets or even go in to try to get things fixed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Yup, I've heard that..

Based on that info I actually wasn't expecting to receive it at least for another week or two and had planned to call USCIS on Friday. But, it arrived in the mail last night!! My appt is for late Feburary..praise the Lord for that!! I'm still glad I called to check, especially now that I know they appreciate their clients doing their due diligence to keep USCIS up to date with such things.

Glad it arrived, I'm filing in the Houston area too, Got transferred to CSC as well. Just a heads up..If your going to the ASC at the Corum Plaza in Houston, make sure you bring a book. When I went it was busy, waited about a hour if not more. If you want to keep track of how everyones AOS cases for the December fillers are doing, you can check out

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/286602-december-2010-aos-filers/. Hopefully We all will have a smooth and fast process :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.