Dusy

California Service Center??????

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received an email notice (actually 3 email notices for I-485) saying that my application was sent to the California Service Center. I'm in NY state. Why would they send it there and not Vermont??? Just wondering!!

Take care :)

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

Hi!

I applied via Vermont to remove the conditions on my green card. they transferred it to California due to "a backlog". Unfortunately instead of the typical 6 months it then took them 21 months to process my form. Just keep an eye on it. Check on the status as much as possible. The good news is that

i was told they typically only transfer "simple" cases, so you're probably a shoo-in :)

J

Hello,

I just received an email notice (actually 3 email notices for I-485) saying that my application was sent to the California Service Center. I'm in NY state. Why would they send it there and not Vermont??? Just wondering!!

Take care :)

I understand your confusion, I was equally puzzled when I received notification that my husband's AOS application had been transferred to CSC. What I found out is that in order to relieve overloaded local district offices, certain "straightforward, uncomplicated" I-485 submittals are being transferred to CSC for streamlined processing. The good news is that most of the time CSC approves the I-485 without an interview and sends the green card! Some of us have been lucky enough to be approved in as little as two months, while others have had to wait much longer. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones :)

(BTW, I don't know what's up with the email notices, but I received three identical emails each time something changed with my husband's I-485!)

K1 Visa

April 1, 2005 ...... I-129F mailed to VSC

April 4, 2005 ...... I-129F received at VSC

April 5, 2005 ...... NOA1 issued by VSC

May 4, 2005 ....... NOA2 issued by VSC

May 12, 2005...... NVC sent petition to embassy

June 14, 2005..... Fiance received Packet 3 from embassy

Dec 20, 2005 ..... Interview -- visa issued!!!

Dec 27, 2005 ..... Fiance arrived in US

Dec 30, 2005 ..... We got married!!!

AOS / EAD

June 7, 2006 ...... Mailed AOS/EAD paperwork to Chicago Lockbox

June 8, 2006 ...... Realized that we failed to send passport photos for I-765;
awaiting RFE!

June 9, 2006 ...... AOS/EAD package delivered

June 15, 2006 .... NOA issued for AOS/EAD

July 1, 2006 ........ Biometrics appointment

July 3, 2006 ........ AOS & EAD touched

July 17, 2006 ...... AOS transferred to CSC

July 21, 2006 ...... CSC received AOS case

July 22, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 25, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 26, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 28, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 31, 2006 ...... AOS touched

Aug 4, 2006 ........ AOS approved per case status on USCIS website!

Aug 9, 2006 ........ Welcome letter received

Aug 10, 2006 ...... Green card received!!!

Wow, that would be great be approved so fast and NOT have an interview. I'm not worried about the interview, it's just that I think I would have to drive 5 hours to go to it. :( Oh well, we will just have to wait. Thanks for your answers. J, too bad it took so long for you. Hope everything is fine now. :)

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.